Make Your Own Diy?

AimeeG

I read the thread Lori made about not being able to taste flavors, and that kitsune, nana, mastiffmom, and she all have the same problem. Sometimes I have that problem, too. As I drank a bit of pineapple infused vodka last night, I got to looking at that infuser, and thought, "Hey, I wonder if on a smaller scale, this would work for DIY flavorings?"

So seriously, if I put some vodka, or other high alcohol content liquid, in a bottle or jar with some PG or VG, wouldn't I then be in control of the intensity of the flavor? I mean this fresh pineapple I have in the vodka has been there a week and it keeps getting more intense each day. So couldn't the liquid, had I also put in PG or VG, but used to vape and mixed with other DIY stuff?

I think we'd have to be careful about things with oils, like orange or lemon. Or maybe not, just shaking might work. Dunno. And maybe be careful with straining things, too, like with cheesecloth, because you might not want a chunk of pineapple or whatever ending up in your atty.

Has anyone tried this? Or have thoughts about this?

Sorry, Not going to be much help with this one. Way beyond my mixing knowledge. I do know that sugars and oils are not good for the atty's, I'm thinking natural sugars would also caramelize on tthe atty and gunk it up.

Health wise--can't see it being any worse than using food flavoring....