A Question About Hi Drain Batteries

no and no, at least I have never seen a protected version.

High Drain batteries, in my opinion are the "snake oil" of e-cigs. They are not designed for devices that uses under 3 amps of power as e-cigs do. They drop off just as quick (or quicker) than regular batts. I purchased some and found that they are the same exact performance with typically less battery life. They are designed for high output devices, which e-cigs are not.

Why do many suppliers sell them? marketing hype... I have asked a few what they actually do and what the benefit for e-cigs are. None of them have ever responded. There was a recent post about a new device that boosts voltage to create a variable device. That appeared to be a more genuine need for a High Drain source but that has not been verified.

a fully charged 3.7 battery comes off the charger at 4.2v and will drop off to 3.4/3.5v before dying. If you are looking for a constant charge, you need a regulated device (variable voltage devices are regulated) to maintain consistent performance/output through the battery life cycle.