I Love My Hubby!

I love decorating for the Holidays. I adore Christmas lights and they hold a very special meaning for me so I go bonkers with them. We start putting them up the day after Halloween, it takes a good month to get our house and cousin next door's house done. My hubby hates them. He will do almost anything to skip this ritual. Today he called me at work about noon, he never does this, and asks where the cable ties were at. Why I asked him, I need them for the lights he says. I asked where are you at? He says at home, I took a half day vacation day to start putting your lights up before it gets cold. This is the man who has over 6 weeks worth of vacation saved up cause he won't leave work. He is the supervisor of his plant's specialty food division, he is a Mon-Friday employee paid a salary for 40 hours a week. He works 7 days a week, 6am to 5pm or later. He NEVER leaves work unless it's a family emergency. I got home and he had made huge headway in getting lights up. I just wanted to say how touched I was and how much I appreciate him. He even left work a bit early last week-end to go to WCV meet with me. He is truly a gem. Thanks Tom.

That's a very nice story.

Now let me talk to him because he's going to make it tough on the rest of us if OUR wives read this.veryangry.gif

Best start working on thanksgiving dishes and putting up those lights. Maybe some vacuuming.....

Done with lights for the night, my hands are frozen. Only about a dozen or so displays to go, trees, shrubs, etc. I will have this finished over the weekend. 1 more day of work this week and then 4 days of AHHHHH relaxing.