Newb - Just Got Prosome - Looking For Harder Throat Hit!

pjb84

Hey everyone...

I'm totally new here. I searched for this topic but didnt find an answer.

I'm a pack a day smoker and just got my ProSmoke about 4 days ago. So far it's working great. Battery life and cartridge life is awesome.

I just have one big problem...I NEED this thing to hit a lot harder to "satisfy" me. So I find myself still smoking a little more than half a pack per day because the very faint "hit" from the ProSmoke just aint cutting it.

Should I buy a different kind of smoke juice and refill them myself or get a higher level of nicotine?

I got medium cartridges from ProSmoke...I smoke marlboro light 72s and the ProSmoke medium is waaay too light for my liking.

So...can anyone help me out? I'd appreciate it!

Welcome to VT! Do you know what nic level the "medium" is? I get a great throat hit from 24mg. I'm not familiar with ProSmoke, so not sure what type of ecig it is. Some models just don't deliver the punch some of us need.

I did some looking around and from what I've read it sounds like the Prosmoke is a M series (401/403) and is similar to the Blu performance wise. It also appears that the use all VG juice, which tends to have a softer TH, and the "medium" nic is 12mg. You may want to get some PG base juice in 18 or 24mg and see if that helps.

I hate to say this, but after looking around on other forums, most of the treads on prosmoke are not good. Seems there are quite a few people who found that the prosmoke did not cut the mustard. If you find that it's just not going to work for you, keep in mind that there are much better performers available. You may want to consider checking into returning it and looking into a 510 (510 kit or eGo). The 510 packs quite a punch.

throat hit is based on a few factors

vg juice is for vapor

pg juice is for hit

nic amount will effect your hit, more = more hit

voltage of your device (big factor)

my current daily vaping is 50% pg 50%vg @ 24mg nic at 5.2 volts @ 2amps

normal ecigs are 3.7v

if you stepped up to a larger 3.7v battery you will feel a slight difference.

switching over to a 5v device you will notice a huge difference.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Yes, it could be the nic level, but could also be the device. Some of the devices I tried just didn't do it for me either. You might want to consider trying another one.

edited because others were writing at the same time I was...if you're using an M401, that's what I started with and it just wasn't quite what I needed. It was okay and got me started on my vaping adventure, but it just wasn't quite good enough to keep me going. I agree that the 510 or eGo would probably be a lot better for you and would probably get you just what you need. I was a big fan of the 510 until I got the eGo and now it would be hard to top that for me. Without going to a mod - which I also did. LOL

Edited by nana

Wow...that was quick. Seems to be a quite active forum.

The ProSmoke seems to "work" great...no complaints there. Maybe I'll do some research and find a good smoke juice with higher nicotine levels and see how that goes.

I wont ask you guys what brand smoke jouce you recommend because its probably been asked on this forum a thousand times lol

Thanks for the quick responses!

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Yes, it could be the nic level, but could also be the device. Some of the devices I tried just didn't do it for me either. You might want to consider trying another one.

edited because others were writing at the same time I was...if you're using an M401, that's what I started with and it just wasn't quite what I needed. It was okay and got me started on my vaping adventure, but it just wasn't quite good enough to keep me going. I agree that the 510 or eGo would probably be a lot better for you and would probably get you just what you need. I was a big fan of the 510 until I got the eGo and now it would be hard to top that for me. Without going to a mod - which I also did. LOL

Thanks nana (cool name ;)

I will do some research on the "eGo" you are talking about. I dont know what that is yet...

Welcome to Vapor Talk. All great advice and I have to agree with them. The small analog type e-cig just doesn't have what it takes. But it has gotten a lot of us started in the right direction.

Check into the Ego/Tornado or just a regular 510 kit as your next choice. You will notice a difference and bump up your nic level which will help also.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

It's hard to recommend a juice because everyone has such different tastes. Any of the vendors on this forum would be good places to try. And someone will recommend a few others, I'm sure. But it's going to be up to you try a few and see what you like.

Good luck.

Thanks nana (cool name ;)

I will do some research on the "eGo" you are talking about. I dont know what that is yet...

Hi and welcome! Go down to the suppliers forum and check a few out. I know wordup has Janty eGos on sale, VT carries eGos almost all have them. I have a eGoXL and I love it. Check out the suppliers here and window shop a bit. Questions, we'll help you. You need good juices so check out the reviews and see if any appeals to you. Everyone carries tobacco flavors, sit back and have fun.

to all... isn't there some additive available out there that increases the throat hit besides voltage and nic level. I thought I saw something out there but can't remember. If I'm satisfied (regarding craving) with a lower nic level, I'd hate to increase my dependency if something else would give me the throat hit I want.

Welcome to VT! I started with Prosmoke and thankful that I did, but it wasn't long until I went with a Silver Bullet Mod just for the battery life. Several ways to increase TH, I chose to go to a 24mg from a 18mg is what I started from Prosmoke, but now I am back down to 18 and using a higher voltage PV. Best thing about switching to e-cigs, there are so many options you'll just have to try and see what fits you the best!

to all... isn't there some additive available out there that increases the throat hit besides voltage and nic level.  I thought I saw something out there but can't remember.  If I'm satisfied (regarding craving) with a lower nic level, I'd hate to increase my dependency if something else would give me the throat hit I want.

Qhit from FlavorArt, but I haven't heard much feed back on it.  Early indications I saw was that it didn't work, and it's a little expensive.  I'm considering giving it a try, but haven't ordered anything lately.

ecigexpressecigexpress