Noobie Question About Nic Strenght And Numb Tongue.

HyOnLyph

Hello all, I got a mouthfull of juice the other day from an overfilled cartomizer. It made my tongue really numb.

Then a few days later, got another taste from a different cart... different flavor and stength.

My tongue was not so numb.

Question, Is it the nicotine that causes the numbing? If so, is the relative numbness an indicator of the relative strength of a juice?

I ask this because i've noticed that High nic juice could mean anything from 18 to 36 mg. Depending on the supplier and they don't all have the mg's on them. Some are just marked High, Med or Low.. or NO.

Any thoughts.

Edited by HyOnLyph

I ask this because i've noticed that High nic juice could mean anything from 18 to 36 mg. Depending on the supplier and they don't all have the mg's on them. Some are just marked High, Med or Low.. or NO.

Any thoughts.

What's funny is some manufacturers consider 16mg as high lol.

• 5 months later...

yep, its the nicotine, one of the reasons i could never use nic gum was that it made my tongue numb and to me tastes terrible...

ive gotten plenty of nic juice on my mouth, tongue, everywhere to be honest lol... it really no longer seems to have the same numbing effect to me, maybe im just used to it or im just not getting as messy with it anymore, im getting better at not over filling things these days

clove does have a numbing effect, in fact if im not mistaken theres something in real clove oil that is used to suppress the gag reflex in patients at hospitals (which im sure will have some men thinking)

but yeah, the nic juices did have a numbing effect on my lip and tongue, perhaps some people are more sensitive to it

Cloves are a natural pain reliever. If you have a tooth ache you can place 2 cloves directly on the painful tooth, bite down for several minutes and you have a painkiller that will last for a good hour or so. It is comparable to oral gel and works quite well.