Wrong Item Online?

So.. here's the deal.

Last week, I ordered a cheapo Dean EVO XM guitar on Guitar Center's website, just to have something to mess with. I wanted a guitar again, I've been playing on and off for about 20 years, and I wasn't in a band, nor had any desire to form one anytime soon. So I just needed a well reviewed, solid, cheap guitar.

The guitar was $119, and that's what they charged me. That's what the packing slip says. But it came in an ESP box. I said.. hmm. Well sometimes they package stuff in whatever they can find. But even the barcode said it was an ESP. Hmm.

So I opened it up to find a wicked black ESP AX-50! You can go look it up, but it's a $260 guitar, and obviously an upgrade from what I ordered.

So.. technically it's still not the guitar I ordered, but better. (And I play metal, so honestly I love the look)

My question - am I required by Law to inform them of this, and send it back? I mean.. they screwed up, they'll probably just write it off someday and forget about it. Anybody have experience with this kind of stuff? I'm not trying to rip them off, but if I can benefit from their mistake, I mean come on.. it's not like I'm stealing candy from a defenseless baby here. :)

LOL Well u dun did it now boy! Shulda kept ur big mouth shut!!! harhar.gif Now it's here for all the world to see! U axe theif!!!! police.gif

Nah really....I don't know what you should do. If you wanna really be honest, contact them, and tell them what happened and how you feel about it and maybe they'll say don't worry about it...enjoy! If not, tell them what you really wanted and since it was their mistake, and if they want it back, they pay all shipping for the return and the guitar you ORDERED! thumbsup.gif

/agree with above posts. Although I totally understand your predicament! I would have a terribad time calling them, but it just might work out well for ya. :) Good luck man, and Nice guitar man!

I'm pleased to announce that I did indeed give in to my conscience and let them know.

It paid off, because I mentioned that I might like to keep it, so they said "Absolutely, and we'll take $100 off the price of it." So I got a $260 guitar for $160 :)