New Attys...what To Do?

thisbetterwork

Ok, i received 3 new attys today. 2 510's and 1 510 LR. I'm relatively new to vaping and the last time i got new attys they started tasting like *** almost immediately, then soon thereafter came the flooding issues. yes, i have ordered cartos and am excited about that, but they wont be here for a few days.

So, what's the proper procedure for priming these new attys? Any difference in procedure for the LS one? Thanks

One of the main reasons I switched to, and love, cartos!

But, you need to blow out the factory primer then drip 4 or 5 drops and vape a few times and add a few more drops. They tend to like to be nice and wet prior to using for the first time. If you don't get them good and soaked then you will get that lovely burnt metal taste... the taste I don't miss at all since converting to cartos! Good luck... I'm sure someone will tell you what you need to know. :thumbsup:

Add to dayvapes post.....

TAKE the wick out of it! I used to get that burnt taste too.

It is very easy to do. All you need is a toothpick and some tweezers. Look into the atty and you will see some fibers under the bridge. That is the wick. It is like 5 or 6 threads that help "wick" juice down to the coil. This is where most of the burnt taste comes from.

Take the toothpick and pick them from one side of the bridge, they are usually stuck in there in a U shape so they will be easier to pick on one side than the other. Once you have them out from under the bridge a little take the tweezers and pull them out! That's all there is to it! Just be gentle enough that you do not harm the coil which is just beneath all that. I have done 10 attys alltogether and have not messed one up yet!

If you are direct dripping with a LR, I normally do 3 drops at a time. Usually I get no leakage with this. But just remember, all the fluid you put in the atty gets vaporized! There will always be residue and you will need to blow the residue out every once in a while. I can tell when it needs to be blown out when it does not perform as it usually does. You will flood an atty from time to time, I still do! It's just something you have to learn to deal with. Kinda like putting a pack of smokes with only 3 or 4 in it in your pocket and later finding out you broke them!

LOL

Hope this helps!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

For a beginner I would recommend just leaving the wick in so you don't have to mess around with the atomizer. If you're using the carts that come with the unit, those aren't very reliable; I would direct drip if you have juice.

Every time I get a new atomizer I put a paper towel under the atomizer where the battery threads are and blow into the cartridge so the primer juice is blown onto the paper towel. Then I add about 4-6 drops. If I get a burnt taste I add more juice. After that point everything should be working fine (flavor, vapor, etc). Then you would continue adding 3 drops everything the flavor and or vapor diminishes.

Furthermore, if you're still getting the burnt taste after blowing out the primer juice and dripping for a while, you may have gotten a defective atomizer. This does happen and you should contact the supplier and let them know the issue.

Are you using 3.7 or higher voltage?Higher voltage especialy with the LR one will do that.Soak them in hot water from your coffee maker and blow them out to clean out the primer fluid.

All good advice..the fact is it's all a learning thing. That factory primer is really sh...ty and until it's gone one way or the other you will have that nasty taste. Just keep trying, it will all work out. :thumbup:

I have learned to completely avoid the primer taste by taking putting about 15 drops PG into the atty and blowing it through the battery end. (not water or any other substance, you could use e-liquid if you really wanted to). This for me, removes all of it or enough so you really dont taste it.

With all that being said. I scrapped attys and now use cartos, it is still a useful trick, I even did it last night as I am traveling this week and I using some LR atties/cart combos while on the plane/taxi/meetings,etc.