Getting Juice Flavor Out Of Plastic

I dumped a small 3ml bottle of coffee juice down the drain today hoping to fill the bottle with Dulcis for travel. However, after boiling, the bottle still has a strong coffee smell to it. Any magic tricks out there to clean this thing out?

I dumped a small 3ml bottle of coffee juice down the drain today hoping to fill the bottle with Dulcis for travel. However, after boiling, the bottle still has a strong coffee smell to it. Any magic tricks out there to clean this thing out?

You could try a little baking soda and hot water in it. Or maybe a few drops of white vinegar?

LOL I don't want coffee anything! Just never developed a taste for ANY coffee....... Like snubb said... baking soda/vinegar should work. Just don't do both at same time!! LOL That's how the volcano science project works!!! hrhr.gif

I wanted to use it tonight so I can't wait for it to air out. However, between boiling, alcohol, vinegar, and baking soda...it's finally starting to ease up. Guess I'll have to deal with a little coffee in my Dulcis. That's okay, though, the beer should cover the taste. :thumbsup:

best thing you could ever do is buy a LOT of 3ml empties.

once i run low on the 10ml i swap down to the 3ml as it is easier to drip in smaller.

put the dulcis into any container with no top on it, not where it came from.

-edit: let it sit for a day and it should be fine.

clean out the othe one you put it into with lemon juice.

then let it sit

Thanks, Jolly...I will be buying 3 ml bottles next week. I was looking for a quick fix, but it isn't going to happen today...no biggie. I'll keep the Coffee Dulcis for when I'm actually drinking coffee and maybe it will be tolerable.