Me Likey

BreakingBad

I got my Silver Bullet in the mail from AltSmoke yesterday and I got my batteries from Battery Junction today. While the batteries were charging, I went out and got the Noalox that Rob recommended to put on the threads. I got home and my batteries were charged. Hallelujah!!!! This thing is the s**t! This is what I have been searching for all my life. I have a Joye 510, a screwdriver MKII and a Torpedo, and I love them all but this Silver Bullet is now my hands down favorite. I noticed that once I went from the 510 to the torpedo that the Juice tasted a little stronger and better. I used the same juice on the SB and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie taste like I am actually eating one. It is amazing how much the voltage has intensified the taste. The other thing I love is the throat hit. For some reason, it takes a lot more umph for me to feel the throat hit. If I smoked light cigarettes in the past, I couldn't even tell I was smoking. I need a nice kick. The 510 didn't have much of one for me, the Torpedo was much better (especially with a LR atty) but this SB is just what I needed. It reminded me of getting out of high school 15 years ago and smoking a certain something out of a crushed pop can. :rolleyes: I love it! Thank you to everyone on this forun that has mentioned the SB in different threads. Because of all of you, I got just what I was looking for.

Edited by BreakingBad

had the same feeling when i went from my 510 volcano kit with it's tinker toy batteries to the same 3.7v but with 14500, then i jumped on the 5v train with the first box mod i made.

so in short it was "meh, hey, woah!"

I've said it for a loooong time -- voltage rules. You're getting the idea! I'm glad you like your SB, I use a Saber; it's basically the same thing with a non-mechanical switch, and I love it. SB was my golden standard until I got this bad boy. Congratulations on your new Silver Bullet!

I've said it for a loooong time -- voltage rules. You're getting the idea! I'm glad you like your SB, I use a Saber; it's basically the same thing with a non-mechanical switch, and I love it. SB was my golden standard until I got this bad boy. Congratulations on your new Silver Bullet!

What is this Saber you speak of?! My obsessive compulsive spending senses are tingling! :rolleyes:

Glad you like it! :) Did you go with the 6 volt batteries, or 3.7? If you're 6V now, you may want to look into the SB pass-through and enercell adapter next. :)

Yes sir! I went with the 6V batteries. I have enough 3.7 units, I wanted to crank it up a bit! I don't know what you are talking about with the SB pass-through and enercell adapter, but I like it! Please educate me. Thanks Brian.

The touch button is a good idea. Does it work well?

The only downside is dry skin; I have very dry skin so it doesn't always make contact. I sometimes have to dampen my thumb to make contact.

Sounds like a small downside. Have you tried lotion?

What a smarta**! :D Lotion only works until you wash your hands, brother. This is the only thing that makes me think the SB would have a leg up, and that's only for some people. The contact button really is a great idea. Other upside is the five year warranty! Try to beat that anywhere. And Sir Lawrence does stand behind it. It's a great mod, I wouldn't want to live without it.

Still, I find myself wanting a silver bullet still sometimes, and probably have one in my distant future. It's just the golden standard for 6V mods. It's beautiful and works like a charm for everyone who has one. Can't go wrong with the silver bullet!

Yes sir! I went with the 6V batteries. I have enough 3.7 units, I wanted to crank it up a bit! I don't know what you are talking about with the SB pass-through and enercell adapter, but I like it! Please educate me. Thanks Brian.

Here's a vid I made a while back right after I got mine. I really like mine.

SB/PT - Out of Stock

I got the enercell adapter from RadioShack. Oddly, my link to it doesn't work any more. I searched for it on Radioshack but can't find it. Wonder if they're discontinued it. I'll have to see what I can find out for alternatives.

What a smarta**! :D Lotion only works until you wash your hands, brother. This is the only thing that makes me think the SB would have a leg up, and that's only for some people. The contact button really is a great idea. Other upside is the five year warranty! Try to beat that anywhere. And Sir Lawrence does stand behind it. It's a great mod, I wouldn't want to live without it.

Still, I find myself wanting a silver bullet still sometimes, and probably have one in my distant future. It's just the golden standard for 6V mods. It's beautiful and works like a charm for everyone who has one. Can't go wrong with the silver bullet!

Don't wash your hands, brother.:D The five year warranty makes it tempting. Not just that everything is covered for five years but because they are that confident in the unit.

I got my Silver Bullet in the mail from AltSmoke yesterday and I got my batteries from Battery Junction today. While the batteries were charging, I went out and got the Noalox that Rob recommended to put on the threads. I got home and my batteries were charged. Hallelujah!!!! This thing is the s**t! This is what I have been searching for all my life. I have a Joye 510, a screwdriver MKII and a Torpedo, and I love them all but this Silver Bullet is now my hands down favorite. I noticed that once I went from the 510 to the torpedo that the Juice tasted a little stronger and better. I used the same juice on the SB and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie taste like I am actually eating one. It is amazing how much the voltage has intensified the taste. The other thing I love is the throat hit. For some reason, it takes a lot more umph for me to feel the throat hit. If I smoked light cigarettes in the past, I couldn't even tell I was smoking. I need a nice kick. The 510 didn't have much of one for me, the Torpedo was much better (especially with a LR atty) but this SB is just what I needed. It reminded me of getting out of high school 15 years ago and smoking a certain something out of a crushed pop can. :rolleyes: I love it! Thank you to everyone on this forun that has mentioned the SB in different threads. Because of all of you, I got just what I was looking for.

I recall being this thrilled when I finally realized that variable voltage was what I was looking for.

Why be stuck with 1 or 2 choices in voltages? :thumbsup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines