Empty Store Shelves Coming To America

It's nuts to think about.

I'm think it might be smarter to purchase those water purification tablets. Any military here that perhaps has used them? I'm not sure 100% how they work but apparently they clean out the water to make it drinkable. I imagine those will probably last much longer than water.

I would pick up the ration kits online but I'll be the first to admit, that would only last me a few days. I'm a fatty what can I say.

It's scary to think something like that could happen, but it might not hurt to have some sort of a plan ready to put into action...just in case.

I grow a garden every summer, but not enough to last for any length of time. I could, but that's more work. My worry would be more about stuff that we can't make or grow ourselves...vaping supplies (LOL), toilet paper, medicines, etc.

If the folks I hang with online are right, cat food with its high protein will be too expensive, Alpo more like it, cereals and fillers. This is still tracking like the great depression, DJIA almost made it to 400 in 29, then a quick fall to 250 (the crash). Then back to 300, then the depression in full swing, market slowly collapses to 50 over several years. Never really got going again until WWII. This is why the gold bugs are present in great numbers. Any paper including commodity stocks/ETFs will be no good. Back in the depression days, most people didn't have stocks/bonds. Quite a difference these days, could make a depression that much worse.

post-1132-077999900 1279128541_thumb.jpg

Unless...by cat food...you meant...never mind ;-)

post-1132-077999900 1279128541_thumb.jpg

Edited by FTJoe

pretty sure that around 3mins into that video they showed costco. i friggin love costco.

13+ trillion dollars we are in debt.

obama was kind enough to triple the deficit with just his health care bill.

You mean we hope there's a change?

IMO - this was started a long time ago, mostly by conservatives but supported by all the money hungry polis on both sides of the isle who really don't care about the people they represent. So I hope we get universal health care and whatnot if most of us are looking for a job...that would be AWESOME!

He usually has some good info but if you don't pay attention you could end up in the woods of Washington state with a stash of MRE's and firearms.That is kind of what the video was seeming to suggest.The little thing I heard was convert your cash into gold and silver while the people who overpaid for those commodities try to recover thier money.I like watching how people react when the stock market was at its lowest the people I work with were freaking out and dumping the stock in the 403 accounts and locking in the losses instead of buying more while it was cheap.And when real estate was at record highs people were borrowing as much money as they could to buy it while it was overpriced and then when the prices dropped they either walked away or sold at a loss.

Edited by mcquinn

Yup - the old should have been buying with both hands as people were fleeing. I didn't care because I'm rarely invested in anything but cash in my 401K. I still make 10% a year jumping in and out on weakness. Only made 6% last year, but again, I'm tentative (scared). Unfortunately, I give this a 50/50 chance of recovering. They are doing the exact same things they did in the great depression after the crash and that's not good. Just tell me how the banks not only made out, but flourished after the crash a little over a year ago? They've supported the folks that directly caused this so they can continue to make money out of nothing and have ignored the people it affected. That's because they are all bankers at heart hence the too big to fail.

The gold theory says because massive inflation is the result of the "printing" or Quantitative Easing, once it gets out of control, anything paper backed, will collapse. Even the ETFs such as GLD or other commodity based financial instruments are not actually based on gold, they are derivative based (again, money from nothing). Only physical gold will be worth anything and like before, they will probably make it illegal to hold it. There is also a real fear (but if you own physical gold it's a hope) that some of the physical gold being held is actually fake (tungsten I think). So it will skyrocket if that comes to light.

Well they wanted change and now it's on it's way. The trouble is that when it finally hits he will probably be out of office and they will blame all of it on some other poor smuck.

Thanks for the warning.