Usb Car Adapter

LoriHNC

I went and purchased a 3 amp USB car charger adapter for my 510 passthrough today. I put it together with the and it works but my question is, does the inline battery HAVE to be in it to work? When I take the inline battery out of the passthrough, I get nothing. Does the adapter only charge the battery?

Thanks

Yes..the battery has to be in for the unit to work. It completes the circuit. The battery is just so you can vape it without being plugged into the puter or adapter.

My next suggestion to you is to either get the straight passthrough without the battery, which is a much better unit, or get yourself a VP/PT from Vaprlife. The latter is a little pricey but it is a true 5v unit that can be plugged into the wall or your car adapter. They really are very nice.

Just ask around and see what kind of response you get.

Good luck and happy vaping.

p.s. I see you're really getting into this vaping thing...lol

Actually with the passthrough with the battery you are vaping off the battery power and the usb connection recharges the battery as needed hence the 3.7 volts the battery also reduces the amp draw so with it you cvan get away with using a less expensive adapter.So it will not work without the battery.You got a good enough usb adapter that you could run one without the battery if you like higher voltage.

In line battery needs to be in place in order to vape with it, unless of course you get a passthrough that doesn't have the in line battery.......

I have both and both work the same as far as vapor and throat hit.

electricf.gif

Thank you everyone. I thought I had a bad adapter at first. Snubber, I was informed to get the passthrough WITH the battery as being better. lol Just going by the masses. :) I bought the usb A/C plug in adapter when I bought my ecig so I think that should cover a few bases. Yeah, I guess I am getting into this. I like it alot and I don't see me getting off nic right away. When it has a 30 yr hold on you, it's not easy to let go, as you all know.

Another few questions (I know, I'm a pain)...how do you compare the nic level in mgs from an analog (say Marlboro) to e-juice? I mean, how many mgs would you say a Marlboro is? I'm using 24 mg right now and some days it seems good and other days I feel like I need more hit. Anyone else experience this?

What is the ratio when adding flavor to nic juice? If I were to add flavor to my 24 mg, it's going to cut down my nice level right? And you need PG or VG with the flavor right? I saw some of the ratio equations and that seems so "math" to me lol I just want simple ratio in say a 10 ml bottle/ 24 mg

Thanks again :) You guys are my vaping lifeblood. And no, I'm not into these Twilight movies lol

No worries, we Love questions and sometimes we even have answers !!!

1. Liquid comes in mg/ml. i.e. 24mg/ml--if you use a ml in a day, that is 24mg/day. cigarettes supposedly averaged 1mg/cigarette. so, about 24 cigarettes= 24mg. The jury is out on how much is actually absorbed from the liquid. so some days or hours you may need more. basically its all about what works for you.....

2. with flavoring, there is no nicotine in flavoring so yes it will dilute your liquids. so depending on the strength you start with and how much flavor you add.

i.e. 1ml of 24mg + 1ml of flavoring = 12mg/ml. 1ml of 48mg + 1ml of flavor = 24mg etc, etc.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/6215-thinking-about-taking-the-plunge/page__st__24__p__56636__hl__mixing__fromsearch__1#entry56636

keep asking, we love to help !!!

Merry mixing

I got it Kitsune, thank you very much :) I'm learning slowly but surely :thumbsup:

No worries, we Love questions and sometimes we even have answers !!!

1. Liquid comes in mg/ml. i.e. 24mg/ml--if you use a ml in a day, that is 24mg/day. cigarettes supposedly averaged 1mg/cigarette. so, about 24 cigarettes= 24mg. The jury is out on how much is actually absorbed from the liquid. so some days or hours you may need more. basically its all about what works for you.....

2. with flavoring, there is no nicotine in flavoring so yes it will dilute your liquids. so depending on the strength you start with and how much flavor you add.

i.e. 1ml of 24mg + 1ml of flavoring = 12mg/ml. 1ml of 48mg + 1ml of flavor = 24mg etc, etc.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/6215-thinking-about-taking-the-plunge/page__st__24__p__56636__hl__mixing__fromsearch__1#entry56636

keep asking, we love to help !!!

Merry mixing

There is soooo much to learn about vaping and mixing and vaping........

I learn new stuff all the time---the forum is almost as addictive as vaping !!!

keep asking

construction.gif