Ulitimate Pay It Forward

I was watching the news tonight and one segment was entitled "Paying It Forward". That caught my eye. Now I have to tell you all about it.

The report was on a very special reunion. It began with a 24 year old girl who died. Her mother donated the daughter's kidney to a woman who was waiting for one. The husband of this lady was so grateful that he donated one of his kidneys to someone else. The man who received that kidney had a wife who was so grateful that she donated one her kidneys. The whole thing ended up with 14 people giving kidneys and 14 people getting kidneys. It was a domino effect - right down to all the surgeries being set up one right after the other. All of the people involved in this were the ones having the reunion.

That has got to be the ULTIMATE paying it forward. And it all started with a grieving mother who was willing to think of one other person in what was probably one of the darkest hours of her entire life.

That is absolutely awesome! It takes very special people to go that far.

I'm glad they didn't present it to Mr.#15 any sooner than they did! LoL!

I saw that story--it really was reassuring that humanity still does exist......

I must say, I do see a lot of that here on this forum--might not be a kidney, but the community is so supportive and tons of fun. Never fails to make me smile.

I just spent a grueling 12 hour shift (2nd of 4)--and the first thing I do when I get home is visit VT. You guys can make living through even the most hellish shift a little more bearable.

Thanks for sharing that one Nana!!!

Made me smile.