Cartomizers Vs Cartridges

vandyke

So that air sound is normal with cartos then. It seems like they should shorten the distance between the mouth end and the coil to eliminate it, but what do I know. I might have to break this in more too cuz I'm not getting much vapor, nothing like using a regular cart.

Stephen, I am going to try that fill method without removing the cap. That seems easy.

I'll keep using it tonight to see if it gets better.

Thanks, I appreciate the input and advice from all. :)

I then insert a DSE 901 cart that has had half the part that goes inside cut off into it.I prefer the flat whistle tip to the metal round carto and the 901 tip is easier to remove when it is time to refill.

An empty 510 cart will work as well by the way.

I had a whole post pointing to different methods and I give up, can some folks just post their methods? Almost all methods that fill from the top include shaking it down like a thermometer and then trying to get more in. The condom method when bottom up doesn't require that.

I know this sounds stupid, but if you search on thermometer, you'll pick up some nice threads on cartos.

I sure like my V4L Premium cartos at 4.5 volts. The only thing I notice.... do you all still find yourself adding liquid every 5-10 puffs? I mean, you don't vape em dry then fill do you? It still isn't that much easier than just direct dripping. I take 6-8 blasts and the flavor starts going away quickly. Is this normal??

Edited by DAYVAPE

I may have already said this (too lazy to read the whole post---LOL) but I've found that I vape way too heavily to use cartomizers. My wife uses them on the Joker all day long but I just can't seem to keep them wet enough for my taste.

So far I have tried the SLB (SAILEBAO) TYPE WITH THE BRASS CONNECTOR and the BOGE 510 WITH THE ALUMINUM/SILVER CONNECTOR and I thought I would like the brass one but they were hard to fill (liquid didn't want to soak in) and didn't draw well or produce much vapor.The Boge ones with the aluminum threads were by far the best I got two weeks of use from each one don't know about the SLB ones as I just started them today.I don't think I will change from 901's but if were to recomend one it would be the Boge.

Edited by mcquinn

I may have already said this (too lazy to read the whole post---LOL) but I've found that I vape way too heavily to use cartomizers. My wife uses them on the Joker all day long but I just can't seem to keep them wet enough for my taste.

Yep, I found that they work great if you let them sit for a few mintues after every few tokes.

Well so far I've found that I really like cartos' when I'm out and about so I don't have to keep refilling. But direct drip is still my first choice when I'm able. I've managed to get almost 3 weeks out of some cartos'

I guess it's just kinda hit or miss.

Well, I loved mine at first, but like Mark said, they are not for heavy vapers. I can fill mine till it gurgles and 20 mins later I'm filling again. Mine will be put in my first PIF. I may keep one or two for "emergency" back up!