Sustained Voltage

Has anyone measured what the "normal" voltage of an ego battery is? That is once it's not fully charged and in use, what is it running at? I'm assuming it drops off the 3.7 and lands somewhere less than that. Only asking because I ordered the 4.2V Maxx and I'm wondering how much more that will really be than the ego (if not the same). I see a thread discussing it may only be a little more than an ego.

From my RC experience, lipos come off their max charge then pretty much stay at their stated voltage a good while before dropping voltage quickly at the end. But that is with batteries with a LOT more mAh than e-cig batts. Not sure about these smaller ones.

That probably didn't help you, did it? no.gif

That sounds about right, the 4.2 will probably run somewhere in the 3.6 to 3.8 range. If the batts are the same as what we use in our electric planes, full charge will give you up to a volt and a half more than the stated volt rating. But it will quickly drop to the "normal" voltage.

What is a 4.2 Maxx? And where did you find it? :detective:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

I am so sorry, I looked you up and PM'd you (I thought). Just checked messages, must have not hit enter. I am so sorry as I know you were curious, I swear I sent a message. I was even wondering why I didn't get a thanx. Stupid stupid stupid. My bad.

http://www.absolutelyecigs.com/absolute-maxx-c-43.html?osCsid=b0aee30755e8b0abb1d204f971fb5de5

I ordered a kit for giggles, will review when received. And also, just in case you didn't think there aren't too many options, I was looking at this as well (too chunky though) and is more about capacity.

http://www.madvapes.com/Hello-016-E-Cig-kit_p_2480.html

I will be very interested in your findings, I hope you have a multimeter to compare. I can tell you that an ego and a tornado measure at 4.16 when fully charged. I would be surprised if the maxx battery is any different.

I have been noticing a few of these "ego" clones running around. I suspect they are not Joy manufactured. They all seem to come with 10 empty cartridges and have varying claims about the batteries. One very similar to the 4.2 claims to be 720 mah and 3.7. I just started to notice these within the last week.

Maybe my brain is getting foggy from inhaling the fumes while painting the inside of my bomb shelter but I think something strange is going on.

Edited by Burn

FTJoe,, No sweat, I just wondered where you found them. Let us know what you think, and yes there seem to be a lot of Ego clones latley.

REALLY??? how so Joe?

Really...what? The weird reading? .40 Volts. At first I had the leads reversed and got -3.5Volts which makes sense, but the battery was pretty well charged. I wonder if my meter battery is getting a little low? $20 piece of junk from The Shack.

If the REALLY was confusion over my statement directly to you, let me be clear. Your first post declared that you didn't think you were being helpful (which you were), second was very helpful, thank you. As was everyone else.

Edited by FTJoe

That "REALLY" was about me being helpful........Cool! Glad I could being such a newb! showoff.gif

From some of the pics I have seen of batteries here in VT, that site I linked should be able to take care of peoples replacements for single cell batteries. I have dealt with them for a few years for custom made (or) shape batt packs for my planes. No complaints and they are CHEAP!

Edited by ThaHodgehound