Ego/tornado

I guess the question I have has more to do with priming the atty right out of the box.

Is it necessary to prime attys? What is your method? Also, what do you know about priming LR attys?

I'm hoping to have the best possible experience from the start.

I guess the question I have has more to do with priming the atty right out of the box.

Is it necessary to prime attys? What is your method? Also, what do you know about priming LR attys?

I'm hoping to have the best possible experience from the start.

I always blow the factory priming "juice" out onto a paper towel first...

then I drip a few drops of my own and take a couple of puffs.

That usually is good enough for me. From there on, a few drops at a time will suffice.

I'm sure someone will come along with great advice. :thumbsup:

I agree with dayvape. Blow that factory juice out of there when you first receive a new atomizer as that will leave a terrible taste in your mouth. Every time I take a 'puff' on the eGo I hold the button down for about a second before I begin to suck, usually as I pick it up and bring it to my mouth. With LR attys I tend to just hit it right away since it heats up extremely fast.

Have to agree with Dayvape and Nero...get as much of that factory primer out as you can. Then 2 or 3 drops of your favorite and you should be good to go.

On the LR attys, you don't have to take as long of a drag as the regular ones so be careful at first till you get use to them.

You're gonna love that unit!!!

Good luck and happy vaping.

Edited by snubber

I like it! I really do! I blew the liquid out of all 3 attys as much as I possibly could (I think I turned a few shades).

I sampled the high res and the low res attys with Rath Watermelon which tastes really good on the first vape, but then something about the fruit flavors once they're hot .. I dunno, I just don't like it I guess.

Ima try something creamy n sweet next...hopefully I'll be able to get rid of the watermelon flavor *shrug*

I don't know. I tried to find that info on their site but they simply refer to it them as black atomizers. I'm going to go out on a limb though after looking at the kit description and say "yes" because they do throw in a "Titan to Tornado" charging adapter. Without the adapter the batt would not screw in, but with it everything is well & good and charging as it should :D

Does the Ego or Tornado use the 510 atty? Looks like it, just wondering.

Yes, they do. The eGo and the Tornado are the same thing and both take the 510 atty. The low 510 res. attys are the best!!

If they use a 510 atty then what is the purpose of the cone. I still haven't figured that one out.

I think the cone is for a more "finished" look, it also produces a tighter draw by covering the small air slots between the atty and batt.

I put on a new 510 atty the other day and it took a full day to get the primer taste out. I did blow it out first, and inserted a paper towel into the end and let it absorb out as much as it would. Still tasted like primer. Vaped it with my regular juice for a few hours and the primer taste was still strong. I put in several drops of my juice and blew it out and tried again and it was still pretty strong. It didn't clear out until the next day. Just FYI. That's never happened to me before.

yeah, that sounds odd. I only have played with four atty's at this point, but haven't had the primer taste last more than a few drags or so.

I got my tornado yesterday afternoon and vaped throughout the night at work with it on breaks. I like the cone, it adds that finished look and makes any leakage problems less of an issue. Ive vaped on the same atty for about thirty or forty 3-5 second hits and still taste bitter primer. I blew it out first and have repeated this process two more times throughout the night. Ive even cleaned and topped up the cart with johnson creek simply strawberry. Sadly, still bitter. Johnson Creek seems to tend towards the weak flavor so I hope my incoming grape soda from VT will beat this taste.

Absolutely love the tornado/ego though. It's a stunning transition from blu. (lower case intended for blu)

Happy vaping.

Edit: I do drink a lot of black tea through the night, however, so this may affect that taste. I probably shouldn't immediately blame the atty.

Edited by jimmycrackcorn

Not sure if this is helpful, bou to clear an atty when someone is trying different juices, I keep a small 3ml bottle of USPS VG around that I fill from a big bottle. Drip, burn, drip burn, etc. Maybe it would help with this junk as well?

Edited by FTJoe

I just got in a shipment of TW LR atty's... and a couple of them were SWIMMING in primer inside the package. I took one out and blew what I could out with a can of air. It then took a good 15-20 drags before that taste was gone. Man I hate that stuff.

I just got in a shipment of TW LR atty's... and a couple of them were SWIMMING in primer inside the package. I took one out and blew what I could out with a can of air. It then took a good 15-20 drags before that taste was gone. Man I hate that stuff.

Thanx for the heads up, just got five yesterday from there. Luckily left them in the package so I can fish them out of my tacklebox and VG them!! Should have anyway to make sure they are working, I'm bad like that.

Yeah I did the burn thing quite a few times to help get that taste out.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong though where the LR attys are concerned. My experience so far is that the vapor gets extremely hot very fast and burns my throat making it feel raw. I also notice the juice tasting .. burnt or scorched and that is NOT pleasant. Is there perhaps primer still in there? Or do most people simply fancy that burn & scorched flavor? I've read so many positive comments on the LR attys I thought they are the way to go! I'm glad I only got one. Anyone wanna trade me?

Yes - it gets hot, I'm zero nic so I love it for that reason. Wondering if you need to step down the nic a little to get a better experience? PM me if you really no like or put em up in the trade/buy/sell section. By the way, I drip with these...at least three drips, then after an hour or so I really need to turn it over and let the juice drain. I've always felt VG would be a little better with these as its thicker.

Edited by FTJoe

I am using VG @ 11mg .. I turned it upside down overnight. I think I'm going to blow some air through it, do a little dry burn and then try this caramel Rath juice I have with 0 nic.

Question: I do the dry burn, but I don't let my attys burn completely dry. Should I burn it completely dry or no?

Question: I do the dry burn, but I don't let my attys burn completely dry. Should I burn it completely dry or no?

This is the only method I know of...

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/4948-cleaning-atomizers/page__view__findpost__p__48950

I agree with Dayvape, Nero and snubber about blowing the primer out first, but since you've already figured that out I just said it because I wanted to copy snubber, because that was so cool. Now I'm in the cool club too. How cool can I be?!

Sorry.

The stanky flavor you get with LR attys is common, and it's driven many otherwise good folks away from them. I think very sweet liquid might be worse in them. My approach is to dry burn them almost dry when that starts, which helps to revive the better flavor. But I think that also probably reduces their life. It's a tradeoff, but I wouldn't vape 3.7V with anything else.

Good luck with your new eGo! Have fun and vape on.