Juice Cutting

Being absolutely horrible in math, I'm trying to get a grip on the cutting side of this. For example, buying a 60ml bottle of 48mg can be cut with VG or PG to produce ____ml of a typical 16-18 mg base fluid to add flavors to. How in the world do ya figure that out?

I'm thinking along the lines of just splitting that in 50% steps, like 60ml divided in half=30ml (of the 48mg) + 30ml of straight vg(pg)to produce 60ml of 24mg juice. Do this to the remaining half and ya get 120ml of 24mg juice. Repeat that entire process and you end up producing 240ml of 12mg base juice, out of the original 60ml bottle. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong! :question: That makes sense to me, but how would ya get to 16-18 mg, or other strengths of nicotine? Is there a basic formula? Another question comes to mind, how would ya split up smaller volumes of higher concentrate, say only 20ml of 100mg juice? I'm so confused...lol

Thanks in advance! :unworthy:

Being absolutely horrible in math, I'm trying to get a grip on the cutting side of this. For example, buying a 60ml bottle of 48mg can be cut with VG or PG to produce ____ml of a typical 16-18 mg base fluid to add flavors to. How in the world do ya figure that out?

I'm thinking along the lines of just splitting that in 50% steps, like 60ml divided in half=30ml (of the 48mg) + 30ml of straight vg(pg)to produce 60ml of 24mg juice. Do this to the remaining half and ya get 120ml of 24mg juice. Repeat that entire process and you end up producing 240ml of 12mg base juice, out of the original 60ml bottle. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong! :question: That makes sense to me, but how would ya get to 16-18 mg, or other strengths of nicotine? Is there a basic formula? Another question comes to mind, how would ya split up smaller volumes of higher concentrate, say only 20ml of 100mg juice? I'm so confused...lol

Thanks in advance! :unworthy:

Okay, I'll break down cutting 100mg/ml nicotine base.

If I want to make 30ml of 24mg strength juice than the math is pretty simple-

Divide the Strength of the desired result by the Strength of the Nicotine Base in this case 24 / 100 = 0.24

Now Multiply that result by the Amount of Juice you are making in this case 0.24 x 30ml = 7.2ml

That 7.2ml is the amount of base you need to add to achieve your desired strength. Now just subtract that from the desired amount in our case 30 - 7.2 = 22.8ml

So that would be 7.2ml of 100mg/ml nicotine base with 22.8ml of PG or VG to equal 30ml of 24mg/ml e-juice.

EDIT: I forgot to show how to figure in flavoring to the equation, it's the same basic math-

So if you are using 15% flavoring that works out to 0.15 x 30 = 4.5ml of Flavor

So total breakdown is- (30ml of 24mg/ml e-juice)

7.2ml of 100mg/ml nicotine base

4.5ml of Flavoring

18.3 ml of VG or PG

That same math will work for any other strength base, it's just a lot easier working with 100mg/ml base because of it being fractions and all.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Edited by GDub

I haven't tried the other calculator that's posted, but this one works too. The other one kinda scared me off when I saw that other users had troubles with their open office after downloading it. You don't have to download anything to use this one.

http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

Alright, I think I got it! Thank you for the breakdown, GDub! I'm a little overwhelmed by that .zip spreadsheet thing BirdDog but it looks crazy-awesome! I'll be spending some time trying to figure that thing out. I really like your link Beckster, very easy, ...almost too easy <_< Is it accurate and really that simple?

Thanks again guys, your advice and help is greatly appreciated!

Its really that easy.

The todmueller conversion link has been around for quite a while and seems relieable.

Dont forget to breathe !!!!! (just not the fumes)

OK, I think I got it, but still a little confused on the flavor part. The example says 15% flavor. Is this the standard % of flavor in juice? It seems to be the default setting on different calculators. Anyway, for 30ml of finished product, that would be around 90 drops of flavoring to have 15%. Is that concentrated flavoring?

I'm dripping from a 10ml bottle so that's the only size I'm familiar with and it just seems like 30 concentrated flavor-drops/10ml is a lot. But like I said, I never mixed before, just feeling things out. :)