Original Ego Atty, 3 Days And Dead?

jskuby

So I just got my eGo on Wednesday, and the Janty-labeled atty already died. I've been swapping between two attys trying different flavors and the other one is rocking along, so it hasn't even received 3 full days of use. I've read this is pretty typical of replacement attys, but shouldn't the original that came with the unit last a little longer? It's not a big deal and I probably wouldn't even be posting about it, but I needed to get my 5th post somehow :thumbsup:

I'm not real smart when it comes to parts, but it is an electrical unit and they have some short comings. I've had some come in DOA and they were replaced but I'm not sure about 3 days. If you got it from Chris you might want to send him a pm or use the ticket system at the store to see if there is any thing he can do for you. He's a really upstanding guy so give him a try.

Good luck

That Janty should have a 6 month warranty - contact the supplier. I'm not sure all suppliers honor the Janty warranty, but I would think if it's dead in only 3 days they would replace it.

I didn't really want to bother Chris with this, since it seemed like a manufacturer issue and he already took care of another issue with my order (which was awesome, thanks again Chris). I know the new ones with the Janty label on their site had that warranty, but couldn't confirm for the one included with the eGo. I'll give them a shot and see what happens. Thanks.

Edited by jskuby

It never hurts to try. I've had attys that lasted 2 months and a couple that only lasted a couple of weeks. I think it's hit and miss when it comes to the quality of most of them.

The atty that came with my eGo has never perfomed well. At first I thought it was dead but then it started working but very very poorly.

The atty was bad enough that I emailed the vendor who I bought it from but never received a responce. It wasn't a big enough deal to me so I just let it go.

The whole warranty on e cig and parts is a myth imo. If I have to spend an hour emailing, making calls, digging up order numbers and sending back defective products I could be at work making enough to buy 2-3 of the items im trying to get replaced under warranty lol. Now just buy the stuff I want with no expectation of warranty.

As you can tell I haven't had the best of luck with getting stuff replaced under warranty lol.

Normally the eGo atomizers last quite a long time. They can die out if the atomizer wasn't moist enough. The members are correct, Janty Atomizers are warrantied. Send a ticket in and I'll have a new atomizer sent out to you first thing Monday. :)

Normally the eGo atomizers last quite a long time. They can die out if the atomizer wasn't moist enough. The members are correct, Janty Atomizers are warrantied. Send a ticket in and I'll have a new atomizer sent out to you first thing Monday. :)

Ticket sent, thanks a lot Chris! I must admit, you guys are making this too easy for me to my new addiction :dribble:

This is why I'm going to order from vt from now on lol. Chris seems like the exception to my earlier post about warranty stuff.