Viking Vapor Smorgasbord Parts 2 & 3

VapeFiend

Part 2: 100%VG 18mg

Cinnamon Bun: Has almost no smell, just a rumor of sweet cinnamon. Has a slight waxy tone, with a subtle, warm, cinnamon aftertaste. It isn't what I thought it would be. Leaves a cinnamon roll phantom smell in your sinuses. Not offensive at all. It has an epic vapor plume.

Score: Smell=8, Taste=6, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=6. Grade: C

Crumb Cake: Smells the same as Cinnamon Bun, only a little stronger. Taste is pretty much the same, too, only with less cinnamon and more wax. Again with the epic vapor plume. Seems like they used this as a base for Cinnamon Bun and just added a drop of cinnamon -_- .

Score: Smell=9, Taste=5, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=6. Grade: C

English Toffee: Smells like a watered down version of the chocolate fudge brownie. Tastes almost the same, with a little burning sensation like alcohol. There's hardly any flavor to it and no aftertaste. The vapor plume is very good. This might be good to mix with the chocolate fudge brownie to get the full flavor as well as the great vapor plume. On it's own, though, it doesn't perform very well. Prominent wax taste. Smell lingers in the room.

Score: Smell=7, Taste=7, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=5. Grade: D+

***Seems as though I have passed out for a few minutes, probably from a combination of nic buzz and blowing through my attys to clean them out. In the future, I won't be as anxious to run through so many flavors so quickly :wacko: ***

Orange Cream: Smell is n/a (took it outside to see if the toffee was overpowering, still no smell). Taste is also n/a (tried it on both attys). All I can taste is the slight wax that seems to be part of most of the flavors, and of course the blandness of VG. Maybe I got a bad batch, but the bottle is pretty dark...

Score: Smell=n/a, Taste=4, Vapor Production=9, Throat Hit=6. Grade: F

Peaches & Cream: Smell is a light version of the Harbo gummy smell. Taste is faint Harbo gummy with a slight wax tinge. Not much going on with this one. That strange taste/smell may be the cream, but I definitely don't taste peaches.

Score: Smell=7, Taste=5, Vapor Production=9, Throat Hit=6. Grade: D+

Pomegranate: This has a similar gummy smell, but with a tone of berry. The taste starts bland, exhales as Harbo gummy, and finishes as a nice pomegranate juice flavor, although it has notes of cranberry/blueberry. Overall taste is like a watered down Kool-Aid pomegranate flavor. Not too bad (First VG I've actually liked).

Score: Smell=8, Taste=8, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=8. Grade: B+

Strawberry Cheesecake: Smells almost like strawberry flavoring, but more synthetic, and very light. There is a somewhat strawberry-like flavor, but what stands out is the wax. There is no cheesecake there is only Zuul. This is an improvement from the blueberry cheesecake, but not by much.

Score: Smell=7, Taste=6, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=7. Grade: C

Vanilla Butternut: Can't quite pick up what the smell is, but I don't get vanilla. Maybe some butter in there. There seems to be a faint taste of something, like a cookie dough extract flavor, but it only shows up some of the time. The rest of the vape is wax. Vapor has absolutely no smell. Liquid is very dark. Vapor production is low unless I get the atty really hot. This might be one of those hi volt liquids.

Score: Smell=6, Taste=7, Vapor Production=7, Throat Hit=6. Grade: D

Watermelon: Smells like LorAnn watermelon. Tastes like LorAnn watermelon cut with too much VG and wax. If you don't know what LorAnn watermelon tastes/smells like, it smells like watermelon jolly rancher and tastes like watermelon perfume. Smells great on exhale. Much better TH and VP than the rest of the VG line.

Score: Smell=9, Taste=7, Vapor Production=10, Throat Hit=9. Grade: B+

(But I still don't like it :thumbsdown: )

Apple Smoke: Smells like a drop of apple flavor in an ounce of liquid smoke. Tastes like hickory wood, not so much smoke. There is no inhale flavor, and a rumor of apple flavor at the finish, like the hickory wood was mixed with apple tree wood. I was expecting a savory smoke, but this just kinda has a plant taste. Has a great hickory smell on exhale. I can tell this flavor is concealing the wax/VG taste.

Score: Smell=9, Taste=7, Vapor Production=8, Throat Hit=7. Grade: C+

(Not what I was expecting, might be better in PG or at higher voltage)

Part 3: 70% PG/30% VG 18mg

Pineapple: Smells like pineapple LifeSavers. Tastes like a pineapple LifeSaver. I'm really happy with this one, especially after vaping the 100%VG stuff. It's not sour like real pineapples, but you can tell that it's a pineapple flavor. The VG still gives it a very small waxy tinge in the aftertaste, but I'm sure it would clear up if you got this in straight PG. That 30% VG does, however, produce a decent vapor plume. I just wish this flavor would stick around in my mouth a little longer, as there is no aftertaste.

Score: Smell=9, Taste=9, Vapor Production=9, Throat Hit=9. Grade: A-

Raspberry: Smells sweet, fruity, and light, but not raspberry. Tastes like raspberry tea. Great light flavor for a hot day. This is not a fresh fruit. It's like a watered down version, with no tartness. It's good, but not quite what you'd expect. Has a little bit of a smell on exhale, but it's pleasant. The wax taste is so faint you probably wouldn't notice it unless you were trying to.

Score: Smell=8, Taste=8, Vapor Production=9, Throat Hit=8. Grade: B+

So there you have it! I'd recommend trying your own versions of the mix, but the VG seems to kill off the flavor (as most people describe), and for some reason there is a strange wax flavor to many of these juices, even those that are 100%PG. The wax is something to be improved, but it is preferable to the Dekang perfume crap that I'm used to. Hope this paints a good picture for you! ^_^

post-2520-127129898756_thumb.jpg

post-2520-127129898756_thumb.jpg

Nice reviews! On the Apple Smoke, I thought it was very strong. It took days to get the flavor out of my atty after trying that. Doubtful that I'll using that juice. However, I do like the Hickory smoke juice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I searched and found your review of Viking Vapor and so glad I did, as this helped me make some decisions.

I am considering:

Apple Smoke

Coffee (black and strong)

Menthol Smoke

I notice they have a drop down to select type of throat hit. In your opinion what do they do to adjust the TH? I have heard that some add pepper or capsaicin extract.

Your thoughts appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I searched and found your review of Viking Vapor and so glad I did, as this helped me make some decisions.

I am considering:

Apple Smoke

Coffee (black and strong)

Menthol Smoke

I notice they have a drop down to select type of throat hit. In your opinion what do they do to adjust the TH? I have heard that some add pepper or capsaicin extract.

Your thoughts appreciated.

/bump to a good question... ever figure that out?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines