Programmable Tat

Hey Dave,

The link you provided went to the shopping cart page of Amazon.com? :)

Oh, cripes man, sorry. Switching between windose and OS X all the time I often get the shortcut keys confused. Thankfully Vacker stepped right up! Thanks m'lady.

This is a April fools joke that think geek came up with... Along with others on its page..

Click buy now....it will show you!!

Hey lordvapor, long time no see. wave.gif

I wonder how many people clicked "Buy Now" because they really wanted it. :)

This is a April fools joke that think geek came up with... Along with others on its page..

Click buy now....it will show you!!

Bummer! :D Man that was just plain mean. I didn't try buying one because all my money went for the iPad, but I sure was thinking hard about it... Price did seem a little low though.

But I've officially been snookered. I'm sure it's the first time... ;)

Edit: By the way, just for grins I submitted the "want this?" form for moodINQ. Hey, who knows? If enough people really want it maybe something like it could be developed.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Hey lordvapor, long time no see. wave.gif

I wonder how many people clicked "Buy Now" because they really wanted it. :)

Yeah I will be popping in from time to time... I just gotta stay away from computers sometimes.... I work 40hrs a week on top of the line stuff and I have a hard time coming home and getting on my junk computers.... Plus I get sick of them from time to time....

I tell you what... I like the concept of this fake item... I actually Google'd or (Topeka'ed it) after seeing this thread and that's how I found out it was fake... I see some possibilities...

OH and BTW Topeka'ed is a joke that Google did on Aprils fools saying they changed their name to Topeka, after the mayor of Topeka tried changing their name to Google, According to Google..

When I saw the "canvas sold separately", I went off searching the site for that! haha good April Fools joke.

But the idea behind a machine automating tattoo work at the safest standards has incredible potential.

Edited by SickDripzz

Oh sweet. Yes this is the best April Fool's joke ever!

But ya know, this really is feasible. Maybe not anytime within the next couple years, and certainly not for less than a couple grand, but most of the technology is already here. Case in point, Amazon's Kindle.

The E-Ink in the Kindle works off the same principle; alternating a very weak DC current to change the orientation of the black and white ink microcapsules underneath a clear electrode film. Once the electric current has been applied, and the microcapsules are all aligned into the image that's needed, no more electricity is required to keep them where they are.

When you turn off your kindle, it actually displays a "screensaver" (a cool picture to let you know it's turned off) and doesn't drain the battery at all. Dang battery lasts my wife a week before needing to recharge, and she reads more than anyone I know.

This tattoo thing is totally doable. And I'd buy stock in the first company to market it LOL :)