Atty...adapter...v3...oh My!

Ok I've got a question that I hope maybe some one can shed some light on.

I just received my order from IndyVaporShop...two 801 attys...two adapters...and a couple of 901 attys.

I got the 801/510 and a 801/901 adapters to use on both my vp/pt and v3. Same with the attys. I got a SLb and a Be112 atty just to see how they would work.

Well both 801's work on the vp/pt, they aren't great but will do.

Having gone through all that, here's my question. Only one will work on the V3 but both will work on the vp/pt. And as for the 801/901 adapter, it too will only work on the vp/pt. Has anyone else run across this problem?

If someone knows why they will both work on the p/t but not the v3 I would really like to hear why.

Like I said, the 801's are not great, but I got the adapter so I could use 901 attys on both units.

HELP...it's got me crazy. tks

I got my 801, 901, and 510 cartomizers in the mail today to play with on my VP PT but I'm sorry I can't really help you with the issue except that I know not all adapters are made the same. We're talking about incredibly tight tolerances on these devices, like within 1/10 of a millimeter can cause an issue.

From what I've read, it usually boils down to making good contact on the center (positive) pole.

I have one 510 atty that gave me just a bit of an issue on my VP PT. It's one of my oldest ones that I've used the most. The center pole of the atty over time got pushed up slightly into the barrel. By like 1mm or less. But that was enough not to make good contact with the 510 adapter of my VP PT. A paperclip and a toothpick was all I needed to pull it back down a little, but I imagine it will only get worse over time as the separator used between the center and outer poles degrades.