Have Some ?'s

So Hey Everyone,

I am loving my passthrough but can't always be connected so how can I get the same vape from a battery? Is there something that I can plug into that I could move to other areas with such as a wall plug? By the way I have only had one analog today. Very Proud! I do love my new 510 and I want to maximize my experience. I have been dripping into a blank cart but how long can you use the same one? I have been using the same one for the past 2 days without trouble. I drip a couple drops in every 4 or 5 hits. Is that right? O.K. Lets have all the pro's give me the skinny. Thanks Noner And how do I get that thing on the bottom that says analog free for such and suc? Very new to all this stuff. Even posting. Crazy, I know. But you can teach an old dog new tricks.

So Hey Everyone,

I am loving my passthrough but can't always be connected so how can I get the same vape from a battery? Is there something that I can plug into that I could move to other areas with such as a wall plug? By the way I have only had one analog today. Very Proud! I do love my new 510 and I want to maximize my experience. I have been dripping into a blank cart but how long can you use the same one? I have been using the same one for the past 2 days without trouble. I drip a couple drops in every 4 or 5 hits. Is that right? O.K. Lets have all the pro's give me the skinny. Thanks Noner And how do I get that thing on the bottom that says analog free for such and suc? Very new to all this stuff. Even posting. Crazy, I know. But you can teach an old dog new tricks.

There are about a zillion different "MODS" out there that use stronger batteries. If you go lookin thru the site you'll hear a zillion of them mentioned. Smarter folks than me will be a long to explain better. :)

I have an EGO, uses the 510 atty, gives me 6-8 hours of battery life, and 3.7v. I'm not sure how that compares to joy Passthru because I only have a 901 passthru.

There are adapters out there that will allow you to plug your passthrough to a power supply that takes a usb connection..

Now I say WELCOME and let the experts take over :))

Hi Noner, welcome! Yes, we have help for you, this is the right place. I assume you're using a 510 passthrough and yes there are USB adapters you can plug into a wall outlet. You can find this at some of the suppliers in the forum, or locally. You need to be sure its output is at least 2,000 mah; less output won't drive your PT. You can also find USB adaptors for your car.

As TJ mentioned, there are many, many 'mods' that you can look into. A mod is a device made to accommodate a larger battery, either higher voltage or increased storage capacity (mah) or both. Common mods are VP2, Spade, eGo (this is a 510, goes well with your current setup), Phidias Woodimus (another 510), Chuck, GG, and on and on. This can get confusing quickly; the eGo is providing great satisfaction for many vapers and is reasonably price effective. And it looks nice.

When using the most common 3.7V, there is a relatively new option for 510, the magnum atty. This gives a high-voltage experience at 3.7V. Highly recommended, but new enough it's still not clear how long the magnum attys will last compared to 'regular' 510s. I haven't used anything else since I got the first one.

As to using carts; you're on the right track, that's exactly how I did it when using carts too. But you don't have to use a cartridge, and most vapers eventually end up direct dripping. This is where you drip e liquid directly onto the bridge inside your atty. 2-3 drops will get you 4-6 decent hits before needing to drip again. This is a learning curve, it's easy to flood the atty at first, which is easily corrected. You'll find all kinds of help with direct dripping here. A good place to start is Chris's direct dripping video, which I can never locate but someone will come along soon enough to provide you a link. :)

Anyway, that's a start but get ready for the deluge of help from the rest of this great forum. thumbup.gif

Edited by ddavelarsen

ddavelarsen has pretty much given you all the information you need. Just remember if your using a 5 volt PT your going to want a 5 volt mod, if your using a 3.7volt PT (these are usually the inexpensive PT's) Then any model using the same atomizer should be sufficient.