Models and manufacturers

Take the penstyle, f-instance. I see it advertised as a DSE-801, and another site calls it an RN-4072. They look identical. Is one a knock-off brand, and the other the real deal? Which one should one buy for quality?

How many actual designs do we have? Lessee...

E-cigarettes:

• the penstyle (some with battery and switch components separated, in both auto-switch and manual models)
  • the workhorse 901 (can sometimes resemble an analog)
  • the mini (aka RN-4081, the ones with the slip-over style cartridges that DO resemble analogs)
  • the "pee-wee" (don't know much about these... but Sean loves his pee-wee, I hear ;-)

Then the e-cigars and e-pipes:

• the cigar ("Bada Bing", aka RN-4062... there's also disposable units, but who cares)
  • the small pipe ("Lady Pipe", aka mini-pipe, aka RS-888)
  • the big pipe (looks bigger than the mini-pipe (duh), have seen it advertised as a DSE-601)

I'm sure there are some I neglected to mention.

We need to assemble a no-crap model ID chart of what these things are and where they come from. I'd like to know manufacturers, which model is a spin-off and/or of lower quality, the whole nine.

In a nut shell the suppliers buy from china and rebrand the names.

In my opinion the RN's perform better BUT don't last as long. The DSE last much longer but don't create as much throat hit. I used to say go with the RN's but now I'm leaning much more the other way, stick with the DSE.

I'll update that guide later tonight as I've done quite a bit more research to help everyone out :)