Poor Ol" 901

snubber

Ok, so Jeffb brought up a good question about the 510. It's the "go to" device that everyone tells the noobies to go to first. Yes it's great, I can't deny it. And yes it produces lots of vapor and is usually at a reasonably good price,especially for someone just starting out. Now my question is...What happened to the good ol' 901??

When I was looking for something next after my disaster with the Smoking Everywhere thing, many people told me "get the 901 it's got a good battery, produces good vapor and great flavor". They're still on the market, and many other devices use the 901 atty. So why is it that when asked what should I get it doesn't seem to make the list? My original 901 is still going and with the addition of the manual battery it seems to work at least as good as my 510's. Is there something about it I'm missing?

Ok..so I've rambled enough...I just hope that someone can answer my question....tks.

Edited by snubber

Ok, so Jeffb brought up a good question about the 510. It's the "go to" device that everyone tells the noobies to go to first. Yes it's great, I can't deny it. And yes it produces lots of vapor and is usually at a reasonably good price,especially for someone just starting out. Now my question is...What happened to the good ol' 901??

When I was looking for something next after my disaster with the Smoking Everywhere thing, many people told me "get the 901 it's got a good battery, produces good vapor and great flavor". They're still on the market, and many other devices use the 901 atty. So why is it that when asked what should I get it doesn't seem to make the list? My original 901 is still going and with the addition of the manual battery it seems to work at least as good as my 510's. Is there something about it I'm missing?

Ok..so I've rambled enough...I just hope that someone can answer my question....tks.

I totally understand where your coming from, I myslef started with a 901, and then got a 510. I still have my 901 and for flavor still beats the 510. easy of draw with auto batteries too! Easier to draw off a 901 with autos than a 510 IMO.

I heard that there's no throat hit with the 901, which is why I've stayed away from it. I have 510's for 3.7v and use my 302 at 5v. The 302/801 at 3.7v provides very little throat hit, but is good at 5v. I don't think I could get by just using an 801/302 only at 3.7v - it wouldn't satisfy me. So if the 901 has even less TH, I don't think I'd like it.

Snubber, As you know I'm trying to collect them all! I do have a 901 (ordered when I got my first 510) and it's ok but with the auto batteries and lack of throat hit it is collecting dust in my collection of pvs. Not that the 901 is a bad unit but I certainly like the 510 atty better. Now just to get you going --I LOVE MY VP/PT!!!

The 901 is my go to atomizer. The throat hit and vapor production are less than the 510 but after tasting a flavor on the 901 then trying it on the 510 there is no comparison. The 901 tastes so much better, I couldn't use the 510.

Hmmm - now that I'm thinking about it, the 901 may be good for my wife. She's working with the 302 using VG only, but I think it's still a little harsh on her throat. Maybe a 901 would be better? I've got a 801-901 adapter for my VP2 so maybe I'll get a 901 for her to try.

The 901 is my go to atomizer. The throat hit and vapor production are less than the 510 but after tasting a flavor on the 901 then trying it on the 510 there is no comparison. The 901 tastes so much better, I couldn't use the 510.

And here we go, more toys. Now I have to try a 901 atty and so need the adapter for my spade/510s. Oh boy. Just ordered some weird flavors from ENS and want to get the full flavors.

Joye does not make a 901? Only see DSE901's. Is this right, or is there another # for the Joye version?

I'm about to order a 3 pack from ENS, but wanted to be sure.

Edited by Brian

Joye does not make a 901? Only see DSE901's. Is this right, or is there another # for the Joye version?

I'm about to order a 3 pack from ENS, but wanted to be sure.

I have seen there are adapters available to go from a 510 battery to a 901 atty, but I wonder if this is a no-no from a Spade warranty perspective.

I have seen there are adapters available to go from a 510 battery to a 901 atty, but I wonder if this is a no-no from a Spade warranty perspective.

Probably, but I do have a 510-801 adapter that I use on my spade. I know of at least 3 of us who are doing it. If my wife likes the 901 I'll probably get a 510-901 adapter.

Although Chris did chime in on the adapter topic in another thread and didn't mention anything about a warranty issue.

Here's the thread - last post - #14. Spade Adapter Question

Edited by Brian

I have a 901 and I don't usually recommend it because I don't like it. Not that its terrible its just for me I just like the consistency of the 510 & it's vapor production. To me I get great flavor and a cooler vapor out of my 302 (801, BE112). I guess ultimately it comes down to individual preference.

Probably, but I do have a 510-801 adapter that I use on my spade. I know of at least 3 of us who are doing it. If my wife likes the 901 I'll probably get a 510-901 adapter.

Although Chris did chime in on the adapter topic in another thread and didn't mention anything about a warranty issue.

Here's the thread - last post - #14. Spade Adapter Question

This is what I was thinking of...PT issue

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4028-510-adapter/page__view__findpost__p__34439

I used to have a 901. A long time ago. Well, it seems like a long time ago. I started with what was probably an M401 knock-off, then ordered a 901. That was the first kit I got that had two batteries, so it was the day I got it that I never had another analog. That was on October 13th, 2009. I think I used it about a week and then ordered the 801 kit. If I remember right, it was because I'd heard that I would get better vapor from the 801. I do remember I liked the 801 better than the 901. And then I had the 510 on the 5th of November and have been in love with it ever since. I did give my 901 to my son and he still uses it as far as I know. But he said he wasn't that worried about the vapor and I'm always wanting more vapor. If I had my 901 here, I'd try it again to see how it does. It was good enough in the beginning to get me off of analogs, but I knew I wanted something better.

The 901 isn't a bad atomizer but because the 901 didn't have a manual battery at the time it was sort of lost in the moment. Some suppliers also complain that the failure rate on the 901 is quite high so warranty issues became a problem. I personally just didn't like the 901 but it's not a bad atomizer, some people swear by it. I suppose with anything it's a matter of preference.

I think it is a matter of preference. I got a couple 901 atomizers, just to give them a whirl. I was really pleased with the flavor and the vapor production. I never really thought about the throat hit. Hmmm.... may have to think about that when I use it again. I have been using the 901 on the VP/PT at 5v and on my 801 batteries.

I like TH but I think I like flavor more. Never tried the 901 but I think I might check it out. Here's an idea; why not build a double barrel mod with a 510 atty and a 901 atty? Put Traditional Tobacco in the 510 and Dulcis in the 901 and You'll get Vapor Talk RY4 with a serious kick!