Danger! High Voltage

Mike

I just finished and started using this mod and had to share it with everyone. It took me a few hours and a couple of trips to Radio Shack to get it done. It is not much more than a battery box and a small block of oak(I am a carpenter). I do have some electronic skills too, I've been under the cover of my electric guitars for 25+ years. I'm going to keep the batteries and electronics a secret until I can be sure it is safe. I've done alot of research and have consulted my brother who is a vaporer and electrician. He doesn't know what I built yet and I'm curious what he thinks. We are also working on homemade attys and juice-box type mods. This is alot of fun! I don't think we're going into buisness or anything and I will be sharing more info. Keep in mind that saftey comes first and have fun building your own mods. This is a 6v mod with a 510 atty. And yes my first mod still works fine.

I'm gonna go looking for that, but let me be the first to say I will need to know how you manage the drip process and making the attys. So I hope you feel successful enough to share. If not, put me on your beta tester list!

I've been thinking about this atty-making too, just because I think there must be a way to make one that is reliable, long-lasting and maintainable, even if expensive. I still say that once US manufacturers start making attys it's gonna be a whole 'nother ballgame. ;)

Why not you? <hint>

Nice pictures, Mike. I'm getting very interested in the homemade mods, myself, so anything you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. My husband just started working on a box mod, but has been checking into making attys, too. So I'm really excited to hear and see what you do with the attys and juice box type. :thumbsup:

I just finished one with a Radio Shack 4 AAA box ,on mine I put two 10440's in parralel for 3.7 volts @720 mAh works like a charm and excluding batteries I have around $3.00 in it and some time.I built a one cell one from the two AAA box but it doesn't have the on/off switch for safety.

Yes it is a handfull because it is a 4 x AA box. It is, however, much more comfortable to use than the flashlight mod. As for making my own atty, it is still in the works. My brother and I are experimenting with different gage nichrome wire. There are alot of variables. We can make a 3.7v that vapes like a 5v or a 9v that vapes like a 3.7. Of course alot of carefull planning and testing need to be done. Now I Know why the Mazerati is taking so long, lol. I'm still using 510 attys; I have had 7 attys from the bigining and 6 still work fine, including the 2 slb attys. The one that died is because I drilled 2 more holes in it thinking I would get better air flow. It worked for a while before it died. Of course after that I had to disect it. I have been using all 6 attys for 2 1/2 months and really abusing them with high voltage. I am very surprised how tough they are. I'm gonna put my attention back to the juice. I've got some creations "brewing". I'm really happy about my mods and I'll share technical info about it soon. I just want everyone to realize that rapid discharge can result in an explosion and want to make sure what I have is safe. And when I come up with a super-juice I'll let you in on that too. Happy Vaping!

Mine are based on the designs posted at MadVapes ,the only thing i did different on my 4 AAA mod was to put the atty connector on a peice of battery tube for a little better strength and I put the button in battery slot 2 next to the atty so it will be on top when it is in my pocket.The 4 AAA box is very small and kind of tricky to work with the AA boxes might be a better choice for a beginner.I will post some pix if my son ever brings my camera back.I kind of like the way you mounted your atty connecter and wood is a classy touch.

Edited by mcquinn

Mine are based on the designs posted at MadVapes ,the only thing i did different on my 4 AAA mod was to put the atty connector on a peice of battery tube for a little better strength and I put the button in battery slot 2 next to the atty so it will be on top when it is in my pocket.The 4 AAA box is very small and kind of tricky to work with the AA boxes might be a better choice for a beginner.I will post some pix if my son ever brings my camera back.I kind of like the way you mounted your atty connecter and wood is a classy touch.

Thanks but I wasn't going for looks. It was the fastest and easiest way for me to make a working unit. I do like the way it looks and feels. I too took some pointers from MadVapes. I also took a couple of short cuts. I used a dead battery for the connector and I did not use a master on/off switch. For saftey I need to remove a battery. You got me beat on cost. I paid out almost 5 bucks at Radio Shack. I'm gonna eventually make another one like it only better and smaller.