Modify The Spade?

snubber

With all the new devices coming out all the time, why can't they just modify the spade so it will be either a 3.7 or 5v unit?

I understand that new units means more choices and more money, but when you have a product like the spade that people like and use wouldn't it make sense to bring it up to the standard that people are looking into with the newer models?

I for one, and I may be one of the exceptions, don't want a room full of devices. I'd like to have just a few that I like and want to use on a regular basis, than having to carry around a handful of units for different times. Other than the PT, I would be happy with one or two that I turn to everyday.

Is it just me, or do others feel this way also? I'm confused.

For a mod to work at 5v, you need the appropriate batteries. At this time that means using two 3v (or larger) batteries in series and a voltage regulator to convert that output to 5 volts. The Spade was designed to hold a single 3.7v 360mAh protected 10440, so it would be impossible to turn it into a 5v unit. The eagerly anticipated Joker will be the mod you're looking for.

We would love nothing more than to make the spade are 5 volt unit but it just isn't physically possible. Like SmokinHammer said you need much larger batteries to handle the power. The spade would need to be much much larger. But I do agree the spade is a slick looking device thus the reason we will offer The Joker in all black :)

We would love nothing more than to make the spade are 5 volt unit but it just isn't physically possible. Like SmokinHammer said you need much larger batteries to handle the power. The spade would need to be much much larger. But I do agree the spade is a slick looking device thus the reason we will offer The Joker in all black :)

Exactly, the Spade(with a capital S, if you please :hrhr: ) is a classy 510 mod.

I did buy some adapters to put an 801 atty on it as I think they produce more vapor,but on the whole, I'm very satisfied with the battery life of the Spade.

I know where you're coming from snubber; it'd be great if more mods were easily adaptable between 3.7 and 5V. Taking that thought further, I keep thinking there should be a way to incorporate a voltage selector on a mod with two big batts, so that you could pick whatever punch you want in the moment.

Large size isn't such an issue with me, but I know that's a major concern for many people - particularly the ladies. And I can sure see their point. The Spade fills this niche perfectly.

It's a vastly growing market, and I think as more US designers and manufacturers realize its potential we'll continue to see a boatload of innovation coming through. We're in the very early stage of this technology; the future looks bright! Being patient sure sucks though.

Large size isn't such an issue with me, but I know that's a major concern for many people - particularly the ladies.

:jump: Thanks, Dave. I think you're my hero today. :unworthy::jump: I honestly can't stop laughing!

Edited by SmokinHammer