You Guys Did It To Me!

Hi folks,

You are the ones who got me off of analogs and onto E-cigs, so I hold you 100% responsible for my newly-found sense of smell!! :hrhr: Now here's the problem that you are obliged to tell me how to solve: My house stinks to high heaven! I've lived here about two years and have smoked in it daily. The smoke odor is in everything, even the walls smell, so it's no wonder my children complain when they come for a visit. HELP!!! Tell me what to do, and please don't say for me to have the whole inside of the house repainted. I just went through that right before I moved in, and it cost about 4 grand! I'm looking forward to suggestions. Thanks! ...Pam

I'm looking forward to suggestions.

I've run into the same problem, and gave changing out the filter in my AC/Furnace unit a try. It's seemed to really cut down on the stale smoke odor right away. Other than that, just washing all the clothes hanging in closets that you may have not worn in a while, jackets etc also seemed to cut down some.

It's awesome when your sense of smell starts to come back, just one of many signs you'll get to let you know you're on the right track with vaping. :)

I have been told that placing a small bowl of coffee grinds in each room will absorb the smell. I cant verify that, although it worked in a used car that my friend bought.

You can probably wipe the walls, lamp shades, furniture down with some sort of cleaning solution and a paper towel. The odor loves to stick to that kind of stuff. I second the coffee bean trick. It works well.

I agree cleaning all upholstery ,carpet , curtains ,anything that could absorb the smell ,coats and other stuff in closets and you can get some of that Febreze sparay .It took a while to contaminate all that stuff it will take a while to air it out.Just keep plugging away.

When my daughter and I cleaned my house after I dropped the analogs a few weeks ago, I got a few boxes of TSP (this is what is on the box). It is trisodium phosphate, a bunch of old rags, and a lot of elbow grease. It is alot of work :construction: but well worth it. Your house will be odor-free! A few bowls of popourri, or scented candles or oils, incense (whatever your fav aromatherapy might be) and your house will smell amazing!

And while you're doing all that, maybe you can open the windows! I do that once in a while still, even though it's single digits outside and my wife screams to high heaven... I hadn't thought of washing the clothes in closets, that's a great idea. So is the coffee trick. thumbsup.gif We've pretty much got everything else done by now. Except painting, which just ain't gonna happen.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never heard the thing about using coffee grounds, but I certainly won't have any problem coming up with some. I drink about 5 pots of coffee a day!

It is hard to beleive when we smoked how annoying non smokers were to us about the smell.My sister in law wouldn't even accept free clothing from our house.Now I find myself throwing out stuff that stinks and won't come clean.