Need More Info

hdryder

Ok I decided to go with either the dse 901 or the 510.. i like the look of the 510 but can you get it with auto batteries ?? don't really think I like the button on it..to carry it in my pocket doesn't seem to safe..Any one know of a good store to order this from ?Seen alot of places but they are all sold out.

Thanks for any help..

Hdryder

If you're worried about the button I would suggest going with the 901. However, if you keep the 510 in your shirt or inside coat pocket you shouldn't have any problems. I have had mine turn on in my pants pocket(they call it hot pants) but not very often and it's usually my fault.

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the site.

p.s. electronicstix has auto batteries for the 510.

Welcome to Vapor Talk Hdryder!

The automatic batteries have been known to be set off by just sound. So I do not think it will be safer carrying the automatic battery in a pocket. I am pretty sure that is why they created the button models. I don't recommend carrying any pv in the front pocket of pants. I have carried my 510 in jacket pockets and not had any problems.

Electro-nic-stixs does sell 510 kits. It looks like all his kits comes with the manual button. But he does sell the automatic batteries separately. I would suggest buying the kit and then buying one of the automatic batteries. This way you can find what will work best for you. You can find him in our supplier forum.

Good luck and see you around the forum.

Welcome to Vapor Talk Hdryder!

Electro-nic-stixs does sell 510 kits. It looks like all his kits comes with the manual button. But he does sell the automatic batteries separately. I would suggest buying the kit and then buying one of the automatic batteries. This way you can find what will work best for you. You can find him in our supplier forum.

Good luck and see you around the forum.

I concur with BirdDog on this one; I believe that like most people you would come to prefer the manual batts, so giving them both a try is a great idea. One other issue with auto batteries is that sometimes juice will leak into the battery compartment and ruin the batt. Because manual batts are sealed, you avoid this risk.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! You found a great place. Jump right in with your questions and experiences, we love it. ;)

I concur with BirdDog on this one; I believe that like most people you would come to prefer the manual batts, so giving them both a try is a great idea. One other issue with auto batteries is that sometimes juice will leak into the battery compartment and ruin the batt. Because manual batts are sealed, you avoid this risk.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! You found a great place. Jump right in with your questions and experiences, we love it. ;)

Good catch on the liquid leaking into the automatic battery. I forgot about that issue. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum.

I realize everyone is different and we like different things, but I tried the 901 and the 801 with the automatic batteries before going to the manual 510 and I can tell you that I like the manual a whole lot better. I get better hits and more vapor with the manual. I don't think I know of anyone who prefers the automatic batteries, but I could be wrong. Just thought I'd let you know. Getting some of each kind of battery is a good idea though. That you can know for sure which works best for you.

Good luck in whatever you decide. And if you have more questions, just ask.