Cartomizers?

snubber

Ok..so another question that I'm sure has been answered before but here goes.

Just what's the deal with cartomizers? I know that they are a cart and atty together but just what is the big deal with them?

Can they be refilled? What will they work on and can you adapt them for other units?

They idea sounds interesting, but how do they hold up compared to a regular atty and cart?

Also, who carries them and how expensive? Well there you go. I'm sure as always many of you will give me the answeres I need and thanks.

Well you seem to have the idea of how cartomizers work so I'll give you the benefits. Currently when you fill up a standard cart it doesn't last long, we all know that. However with a cartomizer if you fill it, it lasts about 100 puffs or so. There is also the benefit of not having to carry juice around, you fill up 3-5 cartomizers and your good to go for the day. They are fillable and they are also re fillable, BUT they can only be filled a few times, they are designed to be disposable. The other nice thing is if you go cartomizer all the way you don't ever have to purchase atomizers again because the cartomizer IS the atomizer. For the most part you get a fresh tasting vape every time no more burnt taste.

The down side? Well they're a little pricey. There is also the issue with consistency, sometimes you only get 3 good working cartomizers in a pack of 5. :)

I sometimes use them for my drive to work (45 minute drive). They're not bad, but definatley not a full time use for me. I've got an 801 to 901/KR808 adapter form my VP2 and they work pretty good on it. They hold about 18-20 drops +/- and last a pretty good while. My experience is that the vapor isn't as good as what you're use to with the 510. Got a pretty good TH and very nice flavor. You can get blanks from many places... I know electronixstix has them (5 pack is $8.50 unfilled, $8.95 prefilled) and I've seen them all over. I tried them on 5V with my VP/PT and they work great for 2-3 hits, then you have to let them sit so the juice can wick back to the coil. Obviously, that don't work for me.

KR808 was my first unit, and my wife still uses it from time to time. I refill the cartomizers as needed. Some of them are on their fifth refill and still doing well, which kind of surprises me. What Brian said about flavor is true too - but so is the minimal vapor production. I think the real upside to them is the low rate of interaction; they'd be pretty ideal for someone who doesn't want to mess with dripping or topping off carts every few drags. Just my .02.

I use my KR model at work all the time now.Less top offs needed and when I am out and dripping would not be appropriate.I also carry a 510 and juice to refill carto's or drip the 510 as a backup...Like others said some of the cartomizers produce moderate to high vapor and some are just average at best.The good ones I refill for 3+ times or until they drop off.I keep 2 cartomizers in rotation at a time.In about a month I have used less than ten.They can also be topped off 2-4 drops through the battery end of the carto as you go.I find they are neater than a 510 for me.I have blank cartomizers the first 5 I tried did not work very well.I have some from another supplier and havnt tried them yet.The one thing that seems to hold true for refills for me is menthol carto's refilled with Awesome Vapor menthol seems to taste and work best for vapor and all around for me.

Cartomizer prefilled flavors I like:

Vapor King brand-555 and Camel

V4L brand- Smiling special Menthol,555,Camel.

There are tons of flavors out there they just need to offer a massive sample pack LOL.....

With the prices coming down on these cartomizers they are not a bad deal at all, work better than my Blu and RN4081(Smoking Everywhere model)and are not as messy!!!

As a bonus you can use 901 atties on KR batteries also.I havent tried it yet but will get a couple to try on my next order.

The KR lower # of refills and less mess appealed to me and I will always have one now.The lower vapor is the only draw back but I keep my carto's out vaping a analog for sure or they are trashed.