I Love Vaping!

khawk77

Ok, so I received my Joye 510 today from Vapor Kings, and I have to say I love it. I did have a few problems today though...my throat is really dry, I have a tingling on my toungue, and I think I may have overdosed on Nicotine because I'm still smoking analogs some(which I hope to stop soon), and I have a bad headache and just feel run down. Anyways, I have a few questions:

1. How can I limit my Nicotine intake? I have found that since there is nothing to burn down like an analog, I keep puffing on my PV all the time.

2. Will the dry throat eventually go away?

3. Should I be dripping or using filled carts?

4. What PCC should I get?

5. Where can I get a good sampler pack of juice? I want to try different flavors to find out what I like.

Thanks for the input.

Ok, so I received my Joye 510 today from Vapor Kings, and I have to say I love it. I did have a few problems today though...my throat is really dry, I have a tingling on my toungue, and I think I may have overdosed on Nicotine because I'm still smoking analogs some(which I hope to stop soon), and I have a bad headache and just feel run down. Anyways, I have a few questions:

This is very normal, the PG inside E Liquid can dry your throat a bit. Carry a bottle of water with you (which is great to drink anyway) to keep your mouth nice a moist :)

1. How can I limit my Nicotine intake? I have found that since there is nothing to burn down like an analog, I keep puffing on my PV all the time.

Well for the most part you just have to listen to your body. Normally about 10 puffs or so is normal to a traditional cigarette. If you start to get a headache put your ecig down

Yes after a while your mouth will adjust, but it's still good to keep some refreshments close to you.

The choice is up to you, it's really a matter of convenience. If you don't travel often and work at a desk like myself then direct dripping is the way to go, you just pop off the cart and drip right onto the atomizer.

There is only one type of PCC for the 510 so any one you want, take your color pick! :D

5. Where can I get a good sampler pack of juice? I want to try different flavors to find out what I like.

Have a look at our supplier list. That may help you out :)

Hope that helps! :D

Welcome khawk! You found a great place, as you can tell from Christopher's excellent reply. He failed to mention that the VT Store's sample pack is quite popular and all I've ever heard about his juice is rave reviews for its quality.

Another way of limiting your nic intake of course, is to purchase lower-nic juice. Don't know what you're vaping now but if you're at 24mg, try 18 next to see if that helps. A number of people here like to vape so much they use 0 nic in between drags with nic so they can vape all they want with no nic overdose. I have the opposite problem. ;)

Welcome Khawk you've come to a great place. As you can see people here are great and are always will to help.

I've tried a couple of the juices from vapor talk and I can tell you they're really nice, but flavor and taste is a personal thing. As far as I've seen all the pcc's are the same its just a matter of color and price.

Look around there must be a bizillion vendors out there.

So good luck!!!

Thanks for the input.

If you're trying to get a handle on nic intake, I would force yourself into the same routine you did while smoking. For me it was about once an hour, only outside, about 5-10 minutes, limit myself in the car, etc. Once I was doing that okay and sure I wasn't overdosing, I brought the nic down a little to make sure I was okay with those levels. I found 12-18 was fine for me and I believe I was mostly "mentally addicted". Once I got it down to that and was comfortable vaping then I vaped indoors and whenever I felt like it.

Forgot about the rest of the questions:

2) hopefully yes

3) most like dripping, I use the PTB mod and fill my own carts (look in the mod folder)

4) didn't know there were choices

5) Sampler pack at VT, one at word-up (though it's tough to find)

http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/e-lquid-Variety-Pack-e-lquid-Variety-Pack.htm;jsessionid=3E731FE13C407152E2C7B32229AC3FF8.qscstrfrnt01

Edited by FTJoe

Very glad you have your 510 and that you are enjoying it !!!

I don't have much to add--those before me about covered things....

as far as nicotine intake--I think we all over did it in the beginning. You will develop a new routine and things will settle down with how much you vape.

You can cut the liquid you currently have to decrease the mg/ml if needed. Use PG or VG--can find pharma grade glycerin at most pharmacies. or in the baking areas of any craft store.

Happy vaping

I was re-reading this and want to make sure I spell out that VT is the forum's very own store. VT stands for VaporTalk. Check out the sample pack - "the whole collection"

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/

I personally think the juices are the best I've run across and as you can see, I've tried a LOT...

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/298-ftjoe-collectionsmalljpg/

Edited by FTJoe

This is where the fun starts. Try not to go over board like the rest of us did with buying everything in sight. I was vaping hardcore the first couple of days and at the end of the day I felt jittery and my head felt strange. I realized I was just vaping way to much. Now, I still vape that same amount if not more, it will just take your body a couple days to get used to the switch. Keep in mind that the drag of an ecig is equal to 1/3-1/2 the amount of nicotine you get from an analog. So you'll be vaping more and usually it's more drawn out since you can't constantly vape on an ecig because of the heating element.

I felt jittery and my head felt strange.

You mean that's not normal? I was like that before I started vaping. :whistle:

Awsomevapor has a good sample set here. Arno also gives you a 3ml sample with each bottle of juice you buy, so it's a good place to try new flavors.

I agree low or no nic would be a solution for the nic levels.I vape almost constantly and I am using 6 to 10 mg liquid and just ordered some no nic.When I find a good flavor I hate to put it down.

Welcome to the forum, and glad that you're enjoying your new 510. Unlike a lot of us, you are starting with the best option there is. At least that's my opinion. I started with a disposable that was enough to convince me I wanted to explore this further. I then ordered an RN4075 that was OK, but the automatic battery option produced inconsistent vapor, and frankly just wasn't very good. I then ordered the 510 and haven't looked back. I just got a DSE905 with the 510 adaptor for longer battery life, and so far I'm thrilled with it. The regular 510s will be my "carry around" choice just because they go in my pocket easier. I have a couple of the mega batteries for the 510 which gives me several hours.

This is a great place to ask questions and keep up with the world of e-cigs. Glad you're here.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks everyone for the help and info. I love this forum...everyone has been so nice!!

--Kevin