Nickel Coils and Temp Control Mod

I just recently purchased a mod capable of temperature control. I purchased nickel coils for my tank. I am not understanding how to set up the mod in order to use the nickel coils. How do I know what temp. to set the coil to? What is the proper protocol when I first put the nickel coil on my mod. What should the settings be?

Thanks

I just recently purchased a mod capable of temperature control. I purchased nickel coils for my tank. I am not understanding how to set up the mod in order to use the nickel coils. How do I know what temp. to set the coil to? What is the proper protocol when I first put the nickel coil on my mod. What should the settings be?

Thanks

What specific mod did you purchase?  What tank are you using?  That will help all of us make recommendations and get you started in the right direction.

As far as knowing what temp to set the mod to, that is going to require some experimentation on your part.  Just like with kanthal, different blends and flavors are going to taste different at different temperatures in TC and it is going to be up to you on how warm or cool you want your vape to be.  There aren't necessarily any specific settings, but some settings can be recommended based on your mod and tank.

Start by setting your temperature limit to 450 degrees and your wattage or power to about 25 watts. 

Try out your vape. Adjust your temp limit first before changing your wattage. In TC, your wattage is less critical. If you seem to be hitting the temp limit too quickly, bump down the wattage a little. You will find a sweet spot somewhere in there between 430 degrees and 500 degrees maybe. The watts somewhere between 18w and 30w.

Various things will affect it, the juice, chain vaping. You're just going to have to experiment and report back what is happening.

Also, read the TC thread.  Lots of good tips in there. "Let's Talk Temp Control"