Pg And Cats

I decided to post this here, instead of in the e-liquid section, so hopefully more people will see it and spread the word. There are some health risks involving PG (propylene glycol) and cats. Here's a PDF with some info. So be sure to keep your PG stored in a safe place.

Thanks to jmhester for pointing this out to me.

Cats are strange creatures, notice the article reads "Large doses of PG" Interesting.

My cat is definitely strange. She'll lick the floor after my wife sprays perfume. She licks the lotion off of my wife's legs in the morning. My personal favorite is when she licks my arm pit, because she likes the deodorant. (What a way to wake up!) So I have no idea what she'd do with PG. I just know I don't want to find out.

My cat is definitely strange. She'll lick the floor after my wife sprays perfume. She licks the lotion off of my wife's legs in the morning. My personal favorite is when she licks my arm pit, because she likes the deodorant. (What a way to wake up!) So I have no idea what she'd do with PG. I just know I don't want to find out.

Keep in mind that some of those products you mention also contain PG. I also found out that onions or any variety of plant in the onion family (chives, garlic, etc.) can cause a serious form of anemia that can be fatal as well. That's why it's important not to feed cats "people food". Even baby food has garlic powder in it that can be harmful to kitties.

Keep in mind that some of those products you mention also contain PG. I also found out that onions or any variety of plant in the onion family (chives, garlic, etc.) can cause a serious form of anemia that can be fatal as well. That's why it's important not to feed cats "people food". Even baby food has garlic powder in it that can be harmful to kitties.

For the dog owners. Onions are also toxic to dogs.

Because the liquid we use has nicotine in it, I would suggest keeping it out of reach of all pets and children. This also goes for the parts of your e-cigs. My cat thinks the atomizers and mouth pieces are fun little toys.

My roommate's puppy likes to knock my bottles off the table and play with them. Hopefully child proof, means dog proof : / I try my best to keep them out of reach but the dog is infatuated with them...Probably because she sees me uses it so much.

I noticed something strange with my kitties. Since I quit analogs, they want to curl up in my lap all the time. I think the smell of cigarettes offended them!

I have heard of several cases regarding hormone cremes that women use for menopause and the effects it has on pets. When the cat or dog licks the skin where the creme has been applied, they ingest the hormone. People have said that it causes the animal to go into heat. This even happens with pets that have been spayed. Just a fyi.

I noticed something strange with my kitties. Since I quit analogs, they want to curl up in my lap all the time. I think the smell of cigarettes offended them!

I have noticed the same thing with my kitties. They also are curious about the led light.

• 2 weeks later...

From this statement in the article "studies found that large doses of propylene glycol when fed to cats can produce an abnormality known as “Heinz body” in the cats’ red blood cells." I would just keep the juice in a safe location. Although the article doesn't specifically adress the vapor from PG, the concern centers around large doses of ingested PG, which just wouldn't occur from them being exposed to the vapor from your PV.

I wouldn't worry about the vapor part. Just keep your liquids, atomizers and carts away from pets and children.

My dogs really love the smell of the Apple Cider liquid that I got from Johnson's Creek, so I have been even more careful than usual (which is pretty careful) with what I do with this stuff around them. I can understand their curiosity, because this Apple Cider Liquid is the best liquid I have ever tasted! Too bad that JC only makes it a Christmas time.

• 3 weeks later...

My roommate's puppy likes to knock my bottles off the table and play with them. Hopefully child proof, means dog proof : / I try my best to keep them out of reach but the dog is infatuated with them...Probably because she sees me uses it so much.

My roommates puppy loves to try and eat my bottles of juice and attys/mouth pieces. I cant leave a bottle of juice out without it knocking it off the table etc. Just came home to a ripped up carpet today to ..... damn puppies! :wallbash:

Just please, please be careful so pets and kids can't get your juice. I would hate to think of the field day the press would have if somebody died or their pets consumed the juice. A little extra effort on our part could save the e-cig community. Sorry, I'm not trying to preach but I just wanted to send out a reminder to be careful.