Troubleshooting Atty?

ddavelarsen

Greetings; this is certainly a newbie question!

I have only two types of attys. The "good" ones came with my VP2 from Jeso; the "others" are LB 801s (4072?) purchased from myPVshop.com.

For both atomizers I've tried both direct dripping and using carts. I cleaned both attys by boiling in tap water yesterday, after about 1 week each of use. I have washed the poly fill in my carts under hot tap water a few times and am re-using those for now. They seem to be doing fine.

It's easy to flood the 801s/4072s direct dripping but I have sort of figured out how much juice they'll take; that's about 2-3 drops. After a couple of hits I start getting an ugly burnt taste. Re-dripping sometimes fixes that. But I no longer get huge plumes of vapor, and really cannot taste the flavor of my preferred 555 juice. Using a cart topped off every couple of hits seems to get decent vapor but again I've lost the flavor.

The attys that came with my VP2 have always done well with the carts, not so well direct dripping. If I fill the cart and then top it off every few hits it seems to work well for me. I've gotten the flavor back after cleaning.

So my question is, did I get flaky 801s from myPVshop? I just don't know how to tell, and don't really know what I got from Jeso. But I like those.

I'm going to be ordering more LB 801s today or tomorrow and would appreciate recommendations on what and where to purchase. BE112 from Best Ecig seems highly recommended but I kind of want to give my first business to Arno. Haven't checked to see if he's sold out already but if not, are his LB 801s comparable? You see that I'm wholly ignorant on these matters. Thanks for any help.

I can just tell you my experience. The LB models I got from Arno are the best I have. They like to be "wet" and take 4-5 drops direct drip. They have excellent vapor production and a hard throat hit. The draw is medium to medium-light. To me, they work the best on the VP2 and VP-PT. I can't tell much difference on the Janty Stick or standard 801. They also seem not to get as hot as most 801 atty.

Contrary to what has been stated here, the Joye 302 is not the same as the LB that Arno sells. THe 302 is a 2 hole atty that is the same one that comes with the Janty Stick. They are good atty but not as hard hitting as the LB from Arno.

I can't comment on the BE112 but since you said you have a VP2, I would order the max you can get from Arno before he sells out. I can't recommend them enough!

Hello. I actually ordered some of the BE112s from bestecig.com about a month ago and I've been pleased with their performance. You can get a 5 pack for $30 (shipping not included) so they are definitely some of the most affordable penstyle attys out there. I can only compare them to the 801s that came with my VP1, but I actually prefer them to the 801 HB so far. You should be warned that Chris has not been able to get the BE112s to fit either of his VP units, I and another member have both sent him some to check out and they have not worked for him. That being said they fit just fine onto both my VP1 and VP PT. I ordered some 510 attys last night I'm really looking forward to trying myself, I'll let you know how it goes when they get here.

Thanks for the recommendations folks. I will get my max from Arno today and followup with the BE112s as well. Can't have too much stock, right? I really do want to get this going reliably, and appreciate the help.

So the attys that came with my VP2 are high bridge, eh? I thought that must be the case as I can see that the wick is much taller, but wasn't ready to believe that for sure. Thanks for the clarification.