Leaky Atty

ddavelarsen

I wonder whether this is even a problem but I'll see what you experts have to say. I've noticed that some of the LB 801s I have leak like crazy. More than a couple of drops on the cart, and it runs all down the side of my cool new VP2. Makes for sticky fingers if I don't notice it right off. And a puddle on my desk, etc.

So I guess there are a couple of issues. First, is this common? I don't think I'm over filling the cart because it doesn't drip when I hold it upside down. But stick it in the atty and juice starts running out. Second, is there any danger to my VP2? I don't know whether any juice has worked its way into the vent holes but that's a concern I have.

Note that this does not occur with the attys that came with the VP2, only with a few that I bought somewhere else (cannot remember the source right off, and that info's at home, which I'm not).

My process now is to drip once on the atty and 2-3 drops in the cart. That seems to work for three or four good hits before I need to re-drip. Does this sound right?

You can tell I've no freakin clue what I'm doing just yet. ;) I appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

This is very common. You just have to be careful not to overfill the atomizer. The problem with the short bridge 4 hole atomizers is that although they create awesome amounts of vapor and have a very easy draw, the extra holes allow the liquid to seep out. Nothing much you can really do about it.

As for your VP2 there is no need to worry about it :) The holes are all sealed, the only issue you might run into is a sticky switch but I doubt it. Just take a baby wipe or alcohol pad to it every so often and give it a good clean. I have a pack of baby wipes on my desk that I use to clean my units every day and clean up any liquid on the unit. :D

Chris said - "

I have a pack of baby wipes on my desk that I use to clean my units every day and clean up any liquid on the unit."

Its taking ALL my strength to restrain myself here !!

Anyway, back to topic, the 510 is notorious for leaking as well ! :whistle:

Thanks gents, you have eased my day. I'll get some baby wipes and hide them somewhere around here so no one starts wondering about me any more than they do already.

I know I had another question when I came to work this morning but it has escaped me. For now.

Ya, I stopped using my VP2 temporarily for a different model that I have because of this. I hated dripping to have the 801 leak all over the place. It's either new 801 atty's or use an adapter for the 510 or 901.

I suppose that eventually I will try different devices - who doesn't love new gaddets anyway? :D For now I've settled on just a few drops more often and that's working pretty well to keep the mess down. I was more concerned that I had defective attys than anything, but I no longer think that's necessarily the case.

Drain your atty at night by placing it cart side down on a paper towel maybe lean it against something.Two or three drips at a time if you are dripping and resist the temptation to load it up before it relly needs it.Some people put the atty in a paper towel and blow through the battery end once in a while to reduce the excess juice.If you have too much juice it actually cuts down on the amount of vapor you make because the element cannot get as hot as it should.It is a balancing act with the dripping.

Fine minds think alike I guess. I have started draining attys overnight - don't know why except it just seemed like they get overloaded. And it helps a great deal. I do still get too much juice in there once in a while.

I use the 801 Low Bridge attys on my VP2 as an all day vaper. This configuration is the best that I have found so far and it is the only thing I vape. I don't have a major problem with leakage but it does leak a drip every now and then. I drip without using a cart, I just use the dummy mouthpiece without the cart. I drip 3 to 4 drops into the atomizer and I generally vape it away before I set it down. 3 to 4 drops is only about 6 or 7 drags off of the 801 anyway so there is not much to leak when I set it down. I have two VP2's and because of circumstance I had the opportunity to completely take the VP2 apart. The hole in the center post of the top gold colored threaded fitting at the top goes nowhere it is not open to the area below that houses the LED. The holes on the side however are open to the LED chamber but the juice rarely will travel horizontally to enter the LED chamber this way. There should be no concern with the leaking juice damaging your VP2. I will take some pictures of the VP2 that I have broken down and post them so those who are curious will not have to take theirs apart to see what's inside.

I use the 801 Low Bridge attys on my VP2 as an all day vaper. This configuration is the best that I have found so far and it is the only thing I vape. I don't have a major problem with leakage but it does leak a drip every now and then. I drip without using a cart, I just use the dummy mouthpiece without the cart. I drip 3 to 4 drops into the atomizer and I generally vape it away before I set it down. 3 to 4 drops is only about 6 or 7 drags off of the 801 anyway so there is not much to leak when I set it down. I have two VP2's and because of circumstance I had the opportunity to completely take the VP2 apart. The hole in the center post of the top gold colored threaded fitting at the top goes nowhere it is not open to the area below that houses the LED. The holes on the side however are open to the LED chamber but the juice rarely will travel horizontally to enter the LED chamber this way. There should be no concern with the leaking juice damaging your VP2. I will take some pictures of the VP2 that I have broken down and post them so those who are curious will not have to take theirs apart to see what's inside.

Thanks for the info. It'll be exceptionally interesting to see the insides of the VP2!