feeling like juice is shooting to the back of your throat?

alykzandra

I just got an aspire tank and a zen zna and ive been noticing that no matter what wattage I have it on or what size airflow, it always feels like bits of juice are hitting me in the back of the throat. and its not a throat hit, I know what that feels like. its a super strong sugar taste and drips in my mouth it seems, which end up choking me more than anything..i want to know if this is normal? or somethings wrong with my tank or what not? I just bought this today and am thinking about returning it or something.. please help with any information! thank you! :)

I called him back and told him whats happening and he said that its normal that high powered devices like this tend to spit back at you. so he told me to like prime it before I hit it, like blow out thru it and then inhale..its reducing the spit backs a bit but its still very very sweet in the back of my throat..i don't want to be eating the liquids lol

I called him back and told him whats happening and he said that its normal that high powered devices like this tend to spit back at you. so he told me to like prime it before I hit it, like blow out thru it and then inhale..its reducing the spit backs a bit but its still very very sweet in the back of my throat..i don't want to be eating the liquids lol

The clerk is pulling your chain. Even using it on "high powered devices", your tank shouldn't be spitting juice back at you. Not any tank. My personal opinion? I think he just doesn't want to have to deal with it, doesn't know what's causing it, doesn't want to have to replace it or give you a refund... or all of the above. That's just my opinion and I realize I don't have all the facts, just from what you've written, this is what it sounds like to me. I could be wrong... :)

okay so I went back today and he said the coil was messed up or something...so I switched it out with the extra one I got with my aspire tank, well he did it for me, and he puts juice all over the coil to avoid a dry hit he says..im wondering if that has something to do with it? like its almost too juicy or something? im not sure..im really new into this..i started with an njoy pen and a SMOK tank..nothing special..but I want big clouds and big flavor with out dripping..so I chose this..but it still seems to be spitting at me... no matter how hard or soft I hit it..or what watt or air hole...

also when he checked my first coil he took the top off and fired it and juice literally spit right out of it..it was crazy..he even said then, yeah somethings wrong here..

im bummed out cause he sold me this device and the tank with the free coil and I had to use my free coil today so now im out one and he didn't replace it or anything. he said he could rebuild it for me(the coil that is) but idk...

any other devices anyone would recommend ? ive been looking at the itaste mvp and what not..but idk...

any suggestions would help.

thanks

okay so I went back today and he said the coil was messed up or something...so I switched it out with the extra one I got with my aspire tank, well he did it for me, and he puts juice all over the coil to avoid a dry hit he says..im wondering if that has something to do with it? like its almost too juicy or something? im not sure..im really new into this..i started with an njoy pen and a SMOK tank..nothing special..but I want big clouds and big flavor with out dripping..so I chose this..but it still seems to be spitting at me... no matter how hard or soft I hit it..or what watt or air hole...

also when he checked my first coil he took the top off and fired it and juice literally spit right out of it..it was crazy..he even said then, yeah somethings wrong here..

im bummed out cause he sold me this device and the tank with the free coil and I had to use my free coil today so now im out one and he didn't replace it or anything. he said he could rebuild it for me(the coil that is) but idk...

any other devices anyone would recommend ? ive been looking at the itaste mvp and what not..but idk...

any suggestions would help.

thanks

First, it would be easier for us to give you recs if we knew what kind of Aspire tank you're using. Aspire is the company that makes tanks and they make quite a few.

You can get more vapor with a higher VG juice, but without knowing what tank you're using, the coil resistance, etc. it's kind of hard going in blind.

If nothing else, can you post some pictures so we have a better understanding of what you're using?

When he soaked the coil with juice that was one big mistake. It added juice into the area you draw air from and that alone will cause spitting. You do not need to do that to prevent a dry hit. This guy has no clue what he is doing. It is times like this I wish I could just beam my self around and get people setup and going.

im using the aspire atlantis tank ...and I kinda thought he was messing it up when he soaked the coil but idk...like I said, im new at this...probably made a mistake but who knows lol....im out of coils now, theyre all soaked and what not so...im kinda stuck...I think I want to just take it back...I don't know what the policy is with that besides having the receipt

Try this, Before you go to bed get a couple of paper towels and fold them into 1/4's. Take that tank apart and set your tank upside down in a safe place. (this will allow you save what juice is in the tank) If you can, put in a small glass so it can not tip over. Remove the coil set it upside down on one of the 1/4 ed paper towels so it can drain off the extra juice. Take the base and swab it out with a Qtip and then set it upside down on the other 1/4ed paper towel. let it drain over night. In the morning reassemble the tank and try it.

im using the aspire atlantis tank ...and I kinda thought he was messing it up when he soaked the coil but idk...like I said, im new at this...probably made a mistake but who knows lol....im out of coils now, theyre all soaked and what not so...im kinda stuck...I think I want to just take it back...I don't know what the policy is with that besides having the receipt

Aaarrrrrrggggghhhh! That idiot clerk who sold you this tank should be shot. :wallbash:

While the Atlantis is a good tank, it's not one I would recommend for a beginner. You need something that doesn't sub-ohm right out of the box. If I were to give you some advice, I'd tell you to take it back and see if you can get a refund. Then, with the refund, buy yourself a Vision Spinner (a simple but extremely dependable variable voltage battery), a charger, an AC adapter, and a Kanger Pro Tank mini with a 5-pack of 1.8 ohm single coils.

That is a simple yet very dependable set up for someone who is new to vaping. You'll get a feel for how things work with something easy. This set up is like a bicycle you can learn on. The clerk just sold you a Harley Davidson full touring bike by comparison.

Here is break down of your tank:

2-141105103215609.jpg

First take the tank off your battery and remove the drip tip and set it aside.

Then flip the tank over so the base is on top, Twist off the base and set it aside.

Take the tank and place it in a safe spot. (If you don't nee to save the juice dump it out) If you want to save it set in a safe place as I described in my last post.

Now pick up the base and remove the coil. they just screw in. Set it upside down as I describe above onto a folded 1/4ed paper towel.

Now grab a Qtip and swab out the area where the coil was screwed in.

Then place it upside down on the Towel. Let them drain out. It will only take about a good hour to drain enough. Then reassemble the tank by working backward through the directions above.

okay but why not sub ohm? is this what sub ohming is like? spitting at you? I like this tank and set up..i like the air flow and the big mouth piece and the battery thing I got too, but I just don't want it to spit at me.. I cant imagine people sub ohming if it spits at you like this..it makes it almost impossible to hit...and I don't think im hitting it wrong...I got between 15-25 watts and I change the air flow levels up ...I straight lung hit every time..and honestly that's how the guy at the shop hit it too...but that's just how I do it..i don't understand how u hit it or whatever should make a difference....

okay but why not sub ohm? is this what sub ohming is like? spitting at you? I like this tank and set up..i like the air flow and the big mouth piece and the battery thing I got too, but I just don't want it to spit at me.. I cant imagine people sub ohming if it spits at you like this..it makes it almost impossible to hit...and I don't think im hitting it wrong...I got between 15-25 watts and I change the air flow levels up ...I straight lung hit every time..and honestly that's how the guy at the shop hit it too...but that's just how I do it..i don't understand how u hit it or whatever should make a difference....

These questions you're asking is why I would never try to recommend a sub-ohm tank like the Atlantis to a new vaper. A more experienced vaper will be able to troubleshoot problems that come up -- like the spitting. The battery you're using, does it have a removable battery or is it an internal battery that you charge with a USB cord? If it's a removable battery, what's the brand and mAH? Do you know the rating of the battery? For sub-ohming you must have a battery that can handle that kind of draw. If not, you're risking overheating the battery. This could cause the battery to get very hot at best. At worst, it could explode.

Try what Comp is suggesting to see if that helps. He is a great source for accurate information.

You might try an Aspire Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm vertical coil if you decide to replace the Atlantis. The Nautilus is similar but is more user friendly, much less likely to spit (I've never heard of anyone having this problem with them), and it should give you a fairly similar vapor and performance as the Atlantis if you use the vertical coil.

No there is no need to rinse it out. That will just cause you to have to allow it to air dry and that would take the rest of the night. Gravity will do just fine for getting that extra liquid out. You could help it by blowing through the bottom of the coil into the paper towel. Buch up the towel a bit and carlully put it up into the top of the coil. this will catch the juice as in comes out.

the battery is removable.. its a vamped vapor cell IMR 18650 2300 MAH. he said this battery works for my piece..

can I use that tank on the zen zna I already have? the nautilus?

Yes, since the Atlantis fit on your battery, that means the Nautilus will too. The full sized Nautilus comes with.two dual coils. The mini version comes with two single coil vertical coils.

At this point I would not suggest rinsing your Atlantis coil. Listen to the directions Compenstine gave you. Wrap some tissues or paper towels around the coil to draw excess juice out and go from there.

Sorry, but I'm going to drop out of the conversation for now. I'm. On my tablet because my internet just flaked. Trying to type out anything on the tablet is... Less than ideal. :(