New to the world of vaping

LennyBernhard

"Mods" are most commonly used for mechanical mods like the Kamry K100, the Magneto, Hades, iTaste 134, etc. These give off fixed voltage, usually 3.7v unless you put a kick in them so you can make them variable wattage. The other type is an APV or Advanced Personal Vaporizor. These have a small circuit board in them and are variable voltage/variable wattage like the iTaste VTR, SVD, Vamo, iTaste MVP, etc.

The best mod..is the one that works best for you and what you want. Like everything else with vaping, it's all a matter of personal preference. It's subjective. What one person loves is going to work like crap to another and vice versa.

That said, many on the forum love the MVP for an APV device. Going up in cost is the iTaste VTR. These are called box "mods" although they are APVs. :)

It also depends on what you want to do with it. If you're planning to use tanks, I'd suggest an APV so you can control the voltage or wattage of the device. If you plan to get into RDAs or RBAs/RTAs, then you'll want to get a mechanical mod with a safe battery rated to handle the resistance of the coil you want to build and use. Despite having several mechanical mods, my go-to is a Magneto for the Magma RDA.

What do you want the mod for? How new to vaping are you? What do you currently use? Your answers could help us better help you. :)

Thanks Tameiki for your reply.. I am very new to vaping.. I want mod which tastes close to analog smoking..

There is no such thing. Vaping is an alternative, not a replacement. If you want to be happy vaping, give up the notion of finding something that tastes like a cigarette and explore other flavors you enjoy.

You're using the word 'mod' but is that what you're really wanting? Do you want to get a mech mod with separate battery, battery charger, etc? Or do you want a newbie user-friendly battery and tank that'll get you started and keep you going while you learn all the basics to vaping?

Since vaping doesn't include burning tobacco leaves, there's nothing that'll give you the same flavor. There are really good tobacco flavored e-liquids out there, it's just not going to taste like a cigarette.

"Mods" are most commonly used for mechanical mods like the Kamry K100, the Magneto, Hades, iTaste 134, etc. These give off fixed voltage, usually 3.7v unless you put a kick in them so you can make them variable wattage. The other type is an APV or Advanced Personal Vaporizor. These have a small circuit board in them and are variable voltage/variable wattage like the iTaste VTR, SVD, Vamo, iTaste MVP, etc.

The best mod..is the one that works best for you and what you want. Like everything else with vaping, it's all a matter of personal preference. It's subjective. What one person loves is going to work like crap to another and vice versa.

That said, many on the forum love the MVP for an APV device. Going up in cost is the iTaste VTR. These are called box "mods" although they are APVs. :)

It also depends on what you want to do with it. If you're planning to use tanks, I'd suggest an APV so you can control the voltage or wattage of the device. If you plan to get into RDAs or RBAs/RTAs, then you'll want to get a mechanical mod with a safe battery rated to handle the resistance of the coil you want to build and use.

I'm currently trying out the vamo.. Or waiting on its delivery, I have bought some batteries and I am not sure if they are appropriate there the 18650 button tops.. But the discharge is slow? Do you know if that matters with the vamo v5? I would assume from the bit of knowledge I do have that a fast discharge would be more needed on the mec mods and not so much for the vamo? Anyone?

...If you plan to get into RDAs or RBAs/RTAs, then you'll want to get a mechanical mod with a safe battery rated to handle the resistance of the coil you want to build and use...

There are also many regulated devices which are easily capable of running RDAs, RBAs, and RTAs.

By fast discharge I assume you mean high drain batteries. Generally those are needed by any device which will produce a wide range of power from a 18650 or 26650 battery. The V5 is similar to the Provari in that it has a rather small wattage range of 5-15 watts and does not need a particularly beefy battery. Something like a 10A AW IMR will work fine.

However, the high drain batteries like Sony VTC4 and VTC5 will also work fine and can be a good investment so you are not buying all new batteries if you buy one of those new higher power devices.

HTH

By fast discharge I assume you mean high drain batteries. Generally those are needed by any device which will produce a wide range of power from a 18650 or 26650 battery. The V5 is similar to the Provari in that it has a rather small wattage range of 5-15 watts and does not need a particularly beefy battery. Something like a 10A AW IMR will work fine.

However, the high drain batteries like Sony VTC4 and VTC5 will also work fine and can be a good investment so you are not buying all new batteries if you buy one of those new higher power devices.

HTH

Yes copper! Thank you, so if I understand that correctly if I've already purchased some welltop 18650 battery that says something about slow discharge.. It will work OK? But in buying extras go with the ones that are mentioned above by you... Lol I'm seaming to get one thing down pat.. And then a new term pops up and off to the research I am... Lol

There one thing to be aware of. Some devices require button top batteries in order to provide reverse battery protection.

If the V5 requires button top batteries, you need to make sure any new batteries are that design.

There is no such thing. Vaping is an alternative, not a replacement. If you want to be happy vaping, give up the notion of finding something that tastes like a cigarette and explore other flavors you enjoy.

Ok thats nice..Yes it is alternative and I would love to get a mod which tastes similar to analog smoking..Nice suggestion.

Flavor has little to do with your MOD. it has to do with the E-Liquid first and also your coil plays a factor in that flavor. There really are no E-Liquids that taste Exactly like an analog. Main reason is the delivery. With an analog you are burning a plant to get the flavor along with many other additives. With vaping, you are vaporizing PG/VG with flavorings added. Therefore, there is no "Mod" that will give you the same flavor as an analog.

Flavor has little to do with your MOD. it has to do with the E-Liquid first and also your coil plays a factor in that flavor. There really are no E-Liquids that taste Exactly like an analog. Main reason is the delivery. With an analog you are burning a plant to get the flavor along with many other additives. With vaping, you are vaporizing PG/VG with flavorings added. Therefore, there is no "Mod" that will give you the same flavor as an analog.

Yet there are flavors that try to imitate the tobacco taste.. But like said no burning envolved and trust me you would probably loose your taste for a burning cig after the flavors in the eliquid world.. Me I love melon so after quitting smoking . I had one week moment.. Quickly cured by ewww I smoked this for over 20 yrs! My taste is also heightened do a cig taste nasty to me now.. I'll take my flavors over the cigs anyday now that I've tasted since quitting this way.

Yet there are flavors that try to imitate the tobacco taste.. But like said no burning envolved and trust me you would probably loose your taste for a burning cig after the flavors in the eliquid world.. Me I love melon so after quitting smoking . I had one week moment.. Quickly cured by ewww I smoked this for over 20 yrs! My taste is also heightened do a cig taste nasty to me now.. I'll take my flavors over the cigs anyday now that I've tasted since quitting this way.

Absolutely! :D