Cautionary Tale For Work Passthrough Users...

A week or so back I was going out to my car to have an analog - needed to get away from my desk more than I wanted to smoke, actually. Anyway, I laid a three-ring binder down on my desk and got up to leave. When I got back, my immediate coworkers rushed over to me and asked what that "cigarette thing" on my desk was that had caught fire... Yikes!

They said a huge cloud of smoke was coming off my desk and when they picked up the binder found the PT underneath. I had obviously laid the binder down and pressed the switch on the PT. The cartomizer was a hollow blackened shell, everything melted out of it with a pool of juice on my desk. The binder has a permanent melted scar.

That could have ruined vaping for everyone in the company; might have gotten me in a whole lot of major trouble...perhaps cost my job.

So this goes to show that we must be very responsible with our stuff. Nothing can be taken for granted. I personally have much to be thankful for, and getting by in this case is a big one.

Thanks for reading.

Dave, Thank you so much for posting that! When I get my new VT/PT, I will be using it at a computer that my kids use also. I would have never thought of that danger. Believe me if there is a way for something to be broke my kids will do it. I'll make sure to put my PT away when not in use. Thanks again!

Dave, Thank you so much for posting that! When I get my new VT/PT, I will be using it at a computer that my kids use also. I would have never thought of that danger. Believe me if there is a way for something to be broke my kids will do it. I'll make sure to put my PT away when not in use. Thanks again!

sounds like your kids and mine could form thier own demolition company. lol but hubby wraps his pt around his neck or throws it in his pocket everytime he gets up from the comp you can use it unplugged it still has a battery just fyi. i dont know if they all do but his does. i have a 5 and 6 year old so i dont sit at the comp for long once they wake up lol

i have a 5 and 6 year old so i dont sit at the comp for long once they wake up lol

:D Ain't that the truth! We have same-age grandkids who spend not-quite-enough time here on the weekends. Between fighting for computer time and keeping the printer full of paper and ink, I stay pretty busy in here. Why do little girls want to print every page from the Barbie site? :D I finally gave Ashleigh a three-ring binder (is there a theme here?) and turned her loose with the paper punch just to save myself some mess. Or did I? There are paper dots all over the place now... :D

I'm sure glad folks are find this a valuable story. Sorry it took me so long to fess up. I admit to being a little embarrassed about it. :)

Dont be embarrassed these are the little things that people overlook. and now that you have the guts to posst it hopefully everyone learns from it and is more careful