501 Does Not Seem Reliable

VapinCT

I was very pleased with my 501 for about a week. Now it is driving me crazy. I have to charge the bateries like 5 times a day. I get maybe an hour of vaping time out of each one. I seem to be going through juice like crazy. I put 3 drops in and get 2 or 3 good puffs. I tried direct dripping with the same success.

I just gave 2 starter kits away as gifts and am affraid I gave them junk now. I am ready to go back to analogs just because of the aggrivation this is causing me.

/end vent.

Although the 510 creates great amounts of vapor, the battery life isn't great. You could always look into either the Mega battery, a custom unit or perhaps The Spade. These units will give you the same 510 atomizer but with much more power.

Also are you sure it's a Joye 510 and not an SLB510. The SLB's are new to the market and are having some issues.

Although the 510 creates great amounts of vapor, the battery life isn't great. You could always look into either the Mega battery, a custom unit or perhaps The Spade. These units will give you the same 510 atomizer but with much more power.

Also are you sure it's a Joye 510 and not an SLB510. The SLB's are new to the market and are having some issues.

Its the Joye 510 from Arno. This is not a dig at Arno, he has been great with getting me everything I've ordered and answered all my questions before making my purchase.

If it was just the battery I would understand, I'm not even getting great vapor anymore.

Its the Joye 510 from Arno. This is not a dig at Arno, he has been great with getting me everything I've ordered and answered all my questions before making my purchase.

If it was just the battery I would understand, I'm not even getting great vapor anymore.

I cleaned the atomizer yesterday to see if thats the problem. Put them in hot water for 10 minutes and then let them dry for about 12 hours last night. It did not improve performance.

Hmm well I know Arno sells legit 510's.

To be honest I'm not sure what to tell you as most people seem to have really good luck with the 510 but it may just not be the model for you. You could always try getting a mega battery for your 510 and see if that helps, I would hate to see you go back to analogs because this model just isn't kicking enough for you. Have you looked at some of the custom mods that are available? Often times that what some people need. Just a suggestion :)

I cleaned the atomizer yesterday to see if thats the problem. Put them in hot water for 10 minutes and then let them dry for about 12 hours last night. It did not improve performance.

that is really odd how long are you letting your batteries charge for somtimes the light on the charger will turn green before its really done. and if your batt is half dead your gonna somtimes add juice before you need to. i know if you contact arno he will help you he is a great supplier. I wish you a ton of luck and hope you get this problem solved soon

I cant speak intelligently about this (but that has never stopped me B4 :)) since I've only had my 510 for 2 days now. Did you charge the batts for 8 hours when you first got em? I was on the forum for 5 hours last night with my 510 and never changed the batt. My guess is the batt may not be charged enough. Of course a low charge will affect the amount of vapor. Please dont let this bad experience turn you off. Let us know how you get this resolved.

Hey VapinCT,

Just remember the 510 is a bit tricky. You do have to charge the batts for 8hrs when u 1st get them. And the chargers are funky too. When I had my 510 batts I was charging them for 3hrs min. They were always good for at least 2 to 4 hrs b4 having to charge. I had my first charger go green with in 45 minutes and the batt would only last for about 1/2 to one hr. I had to have the charger replaced and worked fine. Hope this helps.

Edited by stubear62

Hey VapinCT,

Just remember the 510 is a bit tricky. You do have to charge the batts for 8hrs when u 1st get them. And the chargers are funky too. When I had my 510 batts I was charging them for 3hrs min. They were always good for at least 2 to 4 hrs b4 having to charge. I had my first charger go green with in 45 minutes and the batt would only last for about 1/2 to one hr. I had to have the charger replaced and worked fine. Hope this helps.

Battery charged over night. I got less than 10 draws off it. I am very annoyed now. Because the holiday the soonest I can get new batterys will be mid week next week. So I am kinda screwed. 3 weeks without smokes and today I may have to go buy some because I feel like putting my hand through walls today due to lack of nicotine.

Not a happy camper today.

What kind of liquid are you using? Are they just carts or bottle juice?

Awesome Vapor. When this thing was working right, I thought they were delicous.

I just dropped 3 drops in, direct. Got 3 draws before I got that nasty taste. I found out they are sell 901's in my local mall but they cost $129.00. I am not even looking at that as an option but it is the only one I have at the moment, beside buying analogs or SNUS to beat these nicotine fits.

At this point I am wishing I never got involved in vaping. It was like giving a kid candy and taking it away. The main reason I quit cigs is because of the $$. If I buy another device, I will have spent about a months worth of smoking on devices and juice.

THis morning while yelling at my e-cig, I have used nearly a 1/4 of a 16 oz bottle of juice. It seems like it is just evaporating between my draws.

Edited by VapinCT

Ecigs cost in the short run but over long term it's much cheaper the smoking. Besides you can't put a price on your health should you manage to quite completely like many have.

I wouldn't let this unit give you a bad view about vaping, MANY people have used the 510 and switched successfully with little issue. If your only getting 10 puffs like you state then something is wrong with the unit.

Again I would suggest contacting Arno and possibly have a replacement sent out, if something is wrong with the model, Arno will take care of you.

Ecigs cost in the short run but over long term it's much cheaper the smoking. Besides you can't put a price on your health should you manage to quite completely like many have.

I wouldn't let this unit give you a bad view about vaping, MANY people have used the 510 and switched successfully with little issue. If your only getting 10 puffs like you state then something is wrong with the unit.

Again I would suggest contacting Arno and possibly have a replacement sent out, if something is wrong with the model, Arno will take care of you.

Yeah I sent an email. Unfortunetly for me this is happening on a holiday weekend. No resolution will get here quick enough. I have no doubts Arno will help or at least give some good advice. In the mean time I am just out of luck.

VapinCT, I understand your frustration. If you have to go back to analogs until you get your unit fixed, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure your body is going crazy with the nicotine craving. Too bad you live in Conneticut, I'd drive over and give you my extra kit just to ease your frustration.

VapinCT, DONT give up, please. I had the SAME problem when I first started . My first unit was the "Blu" which was a LOUSY performer. I thought I had wasted my money as well. I switched to the 510, and the rest is history. I know you feel like giving up, but Im tellin you, you just got a bad batt, it happens, VERY rarely. Call Arno and I am POSITIVE he will take care of it for you. the 510 is a GREAT unit, and will help you give up the analogs. if you absolutely HAVE to have analogs till Arno sends you a new batt, go ahead. Its okay as long as you keep your main goal in focus. I was a 3-4 pack a day smoker, and the 510 did it for me, with almost no stress involved. Keep us posted and keep the faith ! :thumbsup:

VapinCT, DONT give up, please. I had the SAME problem when I first started . My first unit was the "Blu" which was a LOUSY performer. I thought I had wasted my money as well. I switched to the 510, and the rest is history. I know you feel like giving up, but Im tellin you, you just got a bad batt, it happens, VERY rarely. Call Arno and I am POSITIVE he will take care of it for you. the 510 is a GREAT unit, and will help you give up the analogs. if you absolutely HAVE to have analogs till Arno sends you a new batt, go ahead. Its okay as long as you keep your main goal in focus. I was a 3-4 pack a day smoker, and the 510 did it for me, with almost no stress involved. Keep us posted and keep the faith ! :thumbsup:

Someone told me to put the batteries in the freezer for a couple hours and recharge. Anyone else ever hear of this?

Edited by VapinCT

I guess I'll be another person saying if you have to go back to analogs for the time being, no big deal really. Thats the really cool thing about vaping. You can't really "slip" like you could if quitting cold turkey or anything. Your body wants nicotine. Give it nicotine, however you need to. Remember, we are still addicts after all!

On a side note, since it really bothers me when I see it, people, you do NOT have to charge your battery for 8 hours. When your light on your charger turns green, your battery is no longer charging. It may as well be lying on your table. Lithium Ion Batteries do not require a primer charge.

I guess I'll be another person saying if you have to go back to analogs for the time being, no big deal really. Thats the really cool thing about vaping. You can't really "slip" like you could if quitting cold turkey or anything. Your body wants nicotine. Give it nicotine, however you need to. Remember, we are still addicts after all!

On a side note, since it really bothers me when I see it, people, you do NOT have to charge your battery for 8 hours. When your light on your charger turns green, your battery is no longer charging. It may as well be lying on your table. Lithium Ion Batteries do not require a primer charge.

Travis I thought the same thing when I heard about the 8 hours. I did it anyways because I charged it over night while I slept. LI Batts do not have memory.

On a positive note. The battery from the first e-cig I bought called Smokers Savior fits on my atomizer. So I a least have 4 batteries to rotate between for the weekend. Just need to have 2 charging at all times.

With a good battery it is vaping like the 501 should be :)

Thanks for letting me vent here btw!

I have a couple 510s, and in my view they are very robust and give great flavor. The batts are physically small, so they won't last long between charges. A move up to a Spade or VP-series batt system is a good move.

If the diminutive capacity of the carts bugs you, I'd suggest trying an 801 penstyle. The carts hold twice the juice of the 510 (probably more than twice, actually), and they're vapor-producing monsters.

I've been using an 801-based VP1 for well over a month now, and feel I've settled on the perfect ecig for me. I like the large capacity of the carts, the reasonable durability of the attys, and with the VP1 batt system powering the thing, I'm getting great performance... and I vape pretty heavily. I have three chargers and 10 batts for the VP1, so I'm never at a loss for battery power, even if I leave home for the day or overnight.

The 510s I've had have been very good, especially with regards atty life... I've yet to have a 510 atty go south on me.

Travis I thought the same thing when I heard about the 8 hours. I did it anyways because I charged it over night while I slept. LI Batts do not have memory.

On a positive note. The battery from the first e-cig I bought called Smokers Savior fits on my atomizer. So I a least have 4 batteries to rotate between for the weekend. Just need to have 2 charging at all times.

With a good battery it is vaping like the 501 should be :)

Thanks for letting me vent here btw!

Glad to hear VapinCT. I made sure to order spare batts with mine when I ordered, and I usually order one or 2 extra with other orders all the time, but I realize not everybody can stock up right off the batt. I just don't trust batteries, and posts like this remind me why. The 8 hour myth for LI batts has always bothered me. It's just a waste of peoples time and additional hassle.