Vaping And Airline Travel

Diana

Hi, this has probably been addressed here but I'm not finding it if it is. My question is about vaping and air travel. Is it allowed on planes? In airports? Any troubles with TSA (I travel internationally.) Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Diana

each airline has its own policies regarding vaping on planes. I have flown a few times since I started vaping--the longest was a 7 hour flight. When I am in public places that are nonsmoking, I always vape very discreetly or use the restroom. especially with the current climate in airports/plane--I figure pushing the point is not worth missing my flight.

I have not had a problem with TSA/security. I put my liquids in the quart baggie and the other parts are in my carry-on bag. I have never had anybody say anything.

from what I understand--even on flights that specifically prohibit e-cigs--you can still have them in your bags--much like having your smokes with you. you can carry them--just can't smoke them.

happy vaping

Many thanks for the detailed info. I've only been vaping a short while and have not yet tried it "in public." And, like you say, it's not worth missing a flight over (especially traveling half a world away.) I'd not thought of putting the liquids in the baggie.

The next concern is that I'm going to be away probably six months or longer and no vendor seems to ship internationally (at least not that I've found.) So I'm planning to stock up on parts and liquid and hope I don't get cleaned out going through customs in India (though the only seem to want money for things they think one could resale, like electronics.) Plan B would be to have supplies posted via USPS to a friend there, but again, I'm not wanting any trouble. Anyone know anything about international shipping of e-supplies to India?

each airline has its own policies regarding vaping on planes. I have flown a few times since I started vaping--the longest was a 7 hour flight. When I am in public places that are nonsmoking, I always vape very discreetly or use the restroom. especially with the current climate in airports/plane--I figure pushing the point is not worth missing my flight.

I have not had a problem with TSA/security. I put my liquids in the quart baggie and the other parts are in my carry-on bag. I have never had anybody say anything.

from what I understand--even on flights that specifically prohibit e-cigs--you can still have them in your bags--much like having your smokes with you. you can carry them--just can't smoke them.

happy vaping

Absolutely no clue about shipping to other countries, but in my experience customs can rain on your parade. As far as airline travel goes, I travel frequently for work and I don't use my e-cig in plain sight once I'm inside the terminal until I get out of the terminal at my destination. An airplane bathroom is a perfect place if you need a nic fix. I've never pushed the issue of using it publicly as I feel like if it even upsets one other traveler who does not know what it is it's just not the right thing to do. People can be unreasonable and scared of things they don't understand, especially when travelling, so I choose not to put myself in a situation like that.

when you vape on a plane, i feel its best to be discreet about doing it. my longest flight while vaping was 14 hours; from seoul, south korea to chicago, il. i just blew the vapor under my blanket (of course i was flying business class at the time). vaped through 4 international terminals around the world (chicago, tokyo, seoul, san fransico), vaped in the airplane bathroom, movies theaters, in a government buildings, at the "great american smokeout". lots of places where you arent suposed to smoke, havent been in trouble yet :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and advice. I feel better prepared.

I too will check out the vaporless (or less vapor) juice if I can find it. And would probably limit my vaping to the restroom as I still do when out and about here (as no-one knows what vaping is in this small town and I typically don't have time to explains, just need a quick nic fix.)

I am not all that surprised that TSA hasn't freaked on the unit going through security. They probably just think it's a pen. And they typically seem more focused on my water bottle anyway. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link profbeard and the success stories bzeisman.