Making Menthol Drops

CNubel

Here is how I make my world famous…ok…not world famous, but they should be, Menthol drops. Making your own menthol drops is much much much cheaper than buying menthol flavorings. The following recipe costs less than 5 cents to make and will last a very long time.

1. Get some menthol crystals. You can buy them on Ebay. 4 to 6 oz will last you a really long time and costs around $6.

2. Put some menthol crystals in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin or liquor bottle to crush them into a fine powder. The finer the powder the better. Don’t leave these around the house during a party or one of your drunken friends will try to put them up their nose.

3. Take a small glass bottle and put in 4ml of pure grain alcohol (Ever Clear). DO NOT USE METHANOL OR ISOPROPAL ALCOHOL. Use ethanol only.

4. Measure out 7ml of crushed menthol crystals. (I know I’m using a wet measure for a dry product. This isn’t college and this isn’t an exact science…so there) Put the crushed menthol crystals in the bottle with the pure grain alcohol.

5. Put the bottle in the microwave for 10 seconds.

Take the bottle out of the microwave and inspect the liquid inside. It should be clear. If it is cloudy, microwave it again for 10 seconds. If you’re mixture becomes cloudy at any point during its shelf life, simply soak the bottle in hot water for a while until the mixture is clear again.

IMPORTANT: These are very potent menthol drops. Only use one drop per ml of juice at first until you decide how much flavor you want to use. DO NOT try to vape the menthol drops by themselves. You’ll be very sorry if you do.