Maraxus mod clone issue: short? hot firing button

avalon195

hi there everyone, im new to mods/vaping ive used a few of the cheaper end ones for a while and decided to have a go at a mod, so I purchased a maraxus mod clone. so far i have had two batteries a sony brand 18650 2600maH and a efest 2200mah(not sure on the amount there) that i purchased from the local smoke shop, along with a charger they suggested (ultrafire something) and at first the batteries were working fine, but then out of no where my button at the bottom of my mod gets red hot (i unscrew it immediately and remove the battery) and the battery has somehow aquired a small hole at the bottom and had released some most likely toxic chemicals.. I asked the guys at the shop about this and he couldnt figure out why it was ocurring, hopefully someone here can assist me.

Online ive seen a video of a "hot finger fix" where the guy replaced the spring in the bottom firing button, which im going to do as well if my local wharehouse has the type of spring required.

does anyone know why this is happening? or what i can do to make it work properly?

hi there everyone, im new to mods/vaping ive used a few of the cheaper end ones for a while and decided to have a go at a mod, so I purchased a maraxus mod clone. so far i have had two batteries a sony brand 18650 2600maH and a efest 2200mah(not sure on the amount there) that i purchased from the local smoke shop, along with a charger they suggested (ultrafire something) and at first the batteries were working fine, but then out of no where my button at the bottom of my mod gets red hot (i unscrew it immediately and remove the battery) and the battery has somehow aquired a small hole at the bottom and had released some most likely toxic chemicals.. I asked the guys at the shop about this and he couldnt figure out why it was ocurring, hopefully someone here can assist me.

Online ive seen a video of a "hot finger fix" where the guy replaced the spring in the bottom firing button, which im going to do as well if my local wharehouse has the type of spring required.

does anyone know why this is happening? or what i can do to make it work properly?

Properly dispose of that battery and get a new one pronto!

^^^^ Dispose of that battery! Check your switch for any poor machining that may have left any burs that could have cause the puncture to your battery. If you have burs gently grind them away with a dremel, replace with a good battery such as a Sony VTC4 or VTC5 or similar (Panasonic, etc.) Let the smoke shop know of the battery issue as well so they can contact effect and see if its a bad lot/batch and return them for good ones if need be.

i disposed of the batteries; the surface of the firing button is smooth, so i do not believe that it could have puncured the batteries.. is there any other reason why batteries would be behaving this way? (i just ordered two sony vtc4's and a charger that shows me the voltage of the battery as an lcd display) other than my other chargers overcharging them (one of them was purchased from my local smoke shop and they use it daily without issue) i dont know what else would be doing this, i checked the connectivity of the firing button and the rest of the mod and it beeps saying there is connectivity; is it possible for the atomizer to be causing this? its a 2.1Ohm iclear 30s

^^^^ Dispose of that battery! Check your switch for any poor machining that may have left any burs that could have cause the puncture to your battery. If you have burs gently grind them away with a dremel, replace with a good battery such as a Sony VTC4 or VTC5 or similar (Panasonic, etc.) Let the smoke shop know of the battery issue as well so they can contact effect and see if its a bad lot/batch and return them for good ones if need be.

Sony VTC5 - ONLY way to go IMO

ps one of the batteries in question was a sony vtc5, the other was efest imr

The 18650 battery is a single cell lipo battery(its class size is known as A),some models have vent holes on both ends of the battery,some models only have a vent hole on the positive cap.the hole is a tattle tale...if it leaks....dispose of it asap.lipo cells are very dangerous when ruptured.inside the battery is 2 seperate chemicals that cant be mixed.if mixed they ignite.

i use 18650s in my flashlight,great batteries.they sell on ebay for about $10 for 2 18650 2600mah with a charger.

fluid leaking out on the hole from the positive cap....then the liquid/chemical conects the ground with the hot and shorts the battery,creating alot of heat.

the 18650 has alot of energy.

its rated for 3.3-3.8 volts.when fully charged it stores over 4 volts.