Hey Fishguy....

I can't handle y'all winters lol. Working in North Dakota broke me from ever wanting live up north. The last year I was there it was -62 with the wind chill. We were using rose bud torches to heat the fuel tanks and hydraulic tanks just to get the equipment staged for winter lol

North Dakota is some miserable country, that I've gotta admit! The oil fields are either frozen or so deep in nasty mud so thick.. but good money, had a friend working in the crows nest running a drill rig and got frozen in, they had to thaw it to let him out.

we have the mtns that block alot of the wind chill, but I have had trees go off like shotguns next to me when sap froze...

its nice when spring comes and summer.

I've been thru some wiland fires though so I guess I've learned to appreciate or tolerate the bad winters better, lol weather means we Dont burn..

I wouldn't mind being a snow bird as I get older.

Its sure got its benefits though,

Montana has it's cold weather but that gumbo mud is the worst stuff on the planet. LOL It will take your shoe right off and not give it back. ;) I lived there as a kid and loved it. I found Northern Minnesota winters to be a lot worst.

I guess One forgets the cold when you see a pair of balds soaring, or a whitetail delivers her fawns on your doorstep..

I love Montana, but then its spring... if you had asked when we got -30 and the house wouldn't get above 53 I might have said different. Lol