Where I Am and where I'm Headed

He likes the fast responses, he's fussy bout who he adopts.

I don't blame him. Its easy for some people to say they were this or that. I wear a USMC shirt every day (never gotten a traffic ticket :D ) and you'd be surprised at how often I get asked (sceptically) if I served! 10 years ago, that never happened. But it seems as though the whole "Stolen Valor" thing has cropped up all across the country.

Now he says he is impressed advanced in the field is freaking big, ya have his respect.

It was no big thing. Had to go in front of 3 officers and 4 staff nco's and answer knowledge questions and be interviewed. I was trying to climb the ladder and become a Warrant Officer.

I was a "Contract PFC (E-2) when I entered boot camp, by getting 2 other guys to sign up with me. I was top of my class in Combat Engineer school, that landed me a meritorious promo to Lance Corporal (E-3). Made Corporal time in grade/time in service. During which, I got my degrees. Then made Sergeant. I was trying for Warrant so I could get into EOD. They were Enlisted "heavy" and needed Officers. Just before I could re-up, they closed out my MOS for promo and re-enlistment. So, I had to pack up and head home

Left Pa in the other room,. One w scrambled egg feeling like was watching a ping pong game.

Now I believe your officially adopted but you two are forbidden near my sheep!

Lmao! Okay Ma!

Do you have an "I love me" wall?

You should w all your accomplishment?

Lol! Not yet. When I get my shop built, there's gonna be a "game room" addition on the back of it done in a Marine Corps motife.

Besides... I have mirrors! Lmao

I'm really not that vain. I have a lot of my awards and uniforms and junk in totes in my attic.

I'm just not much of a display-er. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud. Just more of a humble sort.

My father used to always tell me: "Those who did, never say. Those who say, never did."

I'm more than happy to talk about my service, when asked. But I'm not the sort to lead off with my record other than to say I'm a USMC veteran.

I talk to a lot of the guys mostly around here, or listen, give hugs.etc

Its pretty easy to tell the ones that were there.

Most Dont want to bring it up, its a private thing and that's okay a lot say what you do. Its the truth.

But I had a good man tell me, never hide from who you are.

I love seeing the walls but my friends keep them pretty private, but you should have one for you.

Well, hangin out in Checotah, Oklahoma tonight. Got a load going to Franklin, Ohio for monday. I'll be home tomorrow around 10am. First time I've ever gotten home before noon on a friday! Yay me.

I'll be takin on another trainee this weekend. He's just outta truck driving school so, it'll be an interesting 5 weeks. Usually only have 2 week trainees that already have plenty of road experience.

But the good news is, he's trying to quit smoking by vaping! So, there'll be plenty of time to get him on the vape bandwagon fully!