Supply and Demand - I don't get it

I have many hobbies such as guitar, motorcycles, pipe smoking and now vaping. I dont understand the Supply and Demand equation with vaping. So many of the stores I go to are out of supplies. I want to buy a real Nemesis but I can't seem to find them. Even many of the popular clones don't seem to be in stock. Also want to get a Russian 91% and can't find them in stock either. Other places seem to be out of things like the kick2. Are we seeing pent up demand or is there something else at work? This is so interesting to me.

I have many hobbies such as guitar, motorcycles, pipe smoking and now vaping.  I dont understand the Supply and Demand equation with vaping.  So many of the stores I go to are out of supplies.  I want to buy a real Nemesis but I can't seem to find them. Even many of the popular clones don't seem to be in stock.  Also want to get a Russian 91% and can't find them in stock either.  Other places seem to be out of things like the kick2.  Are we seeing pent up demand or is there something else at work?  This is so interesting to me. 

Yeah I seen where they are coming out with a black authentic Russian 91% I got to get it

Usually someone is building them in their basement or garage and the demand exceeds their capability to produce them and then comes a shortage. So the only options are to buy machinery and hire people or find a job shop to contract out a batch. What often happens is scaling up production leads to quality control issues which make prospective customers move on to the next super dooper device.

As far as normal supplies, as you know most things in the vaping world come from China.. Their New Year Holiday throws everything out of whack as far as supply. They basically shut everything down for a week and a half. Things should start returning to normal here shortly.