Different tank ratings

There are so many of each on the market now, that it is hard to keep up. It can also get to be very confusing.

Let's limit ourselves to just the ones with the replaceable heads (Vivi, Drunker, I Clean 16 for the top coils, and Kanger and Aspire for the bottom coils). The list is far from complete, and to confuse things even more, you have single and dual coils of each type.

There are fans of both.

The top coils will give you a hotter vape than the bottom coils; this is just a question of what you like.

Many of the single coil in each style can be rebuilt, but not all. Trying to do a dual in those tiny heads goes beyond my level of patience.

Replacement heads are between $1-$2.

Thicker juices with a lot of VG would probably work better in a top coil, but that is a guess on my part since I only vape 70/30.

There have been a lot of complaints about both styles, but the problems can be brought under control by cleaning the heads fairly often. After every other thank, just pop the chimney off, soak in denture cleaner, rinse, dry pulse burn, and the head will be fine.

At the end of the day, you will have to try both to see what suits you best. My suggestion would be an I Clear 16 and a Kanger T3. They are cheap enough if you shop around.. Get a few replacement heads.

Anyone who claims to have found the perfect universal topper is not telling the whole truth, and I have tried them all. I like my Kanger's after modding them for travel because they are so convenient. I like my Kayfun and Genesis style for home/office, but I would never put one in my briefcase or pocket.

People swear by carto tanks, top coils, and drippers. To each his/her own. If dripping were my only option, I would still be smoking.

You have to try it to see what you like.

Denture cleaner? That's a first.

To me the biggest difference is the consistency of the vape. With any top coil I used, and most people do use them in the beginning because they are what usually come in the cheaper starter kits, the taste would diminish at about a half a tank and then start tasting burned unless I swirled the liquid around. That is what led me to the bottom coil tanks, and the T3S is a great one for a plastic clearomizer but once you try glass you will never go back.

Personally I would recommend a Kanger Pro Tank 2 if you are looking for a larger heavier tank and if not, go with a Davide Mini. I am not claiming to have found the perfect "topper" but I wouldn't buy or spend money on anything else. My wife swore by the T3S and still uses it when on the go but once she tried one of my Pro Tanks she immediately claimed 3 of them for herself. No biggie though, I have started using my Davide Minis more anyway everywhere but home. At home its the KPT 2 on my Vamo, anywhere else is Davide Mini on one of many various Vision Spinners.