Harsh throat hit at low nicotine levels?

Heynowww VT! I'm back for a minute. Not sure if anyone I knew is still on here.

Anyways, I'm trying to save money, and regular vaping has got to go. I'm down to 6mg, and the lack of a throat hit is driving me nuts. Current e-liquid is PG/VG, so I know I need to switch to 100% PG for starters. But I was just wondering if anyone knows of any suppliers known for a strong hit at lower levels.

I really don't think the lack of nicotine is bothering me, I am addicted to a really severe throat hit more than anything.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome back. Good to see you again. Upping the PG will help. Pick some flavors that have a splash of menthol in them. I picked up a few of the fruity flavors, from Pink Spot, that have a small splash. Not bad, gives good throat hit. The Vapor Talk store is now carrying Pink Spot.

What devices are you using now?

Welcome back. Good to see you again. Upping the PG will help. Pick some flavors that have a splash of menthol in them. I picked up a few of the fruity flavors, from Pink Spot, that have a small splash. Not bad, gives good throat hit. The Vapor Talk store is now carrying Pink Spot.

What devices are you using now?

Heeey you're still here! Menthol, Pink Spot, noted. Thanks.

I'm using a Lavatube at 5.5 with the iClear tank, the second version I think?

Just my 2cents here, but maybe also something along the lines of a citrus type might help too if you're not using anything with a plastic tank.

Plastic tank :-( I'm assuming citrus flavorings do something weird with the plastic?

Plastic tanks are bound to their metal counterparts with glue. The citrus types are called "tank crackers" because they not only eat away at the glue bonding but can also etch away at the plastic themselves causing leaks.

Sorry, the iclears are threaded plastic and not glued. But the acidic juices may still crack the iclear's plastic.

Edited by Joshuab3687

Plastic tanks are bound to their metal counterparts with glue. The citrus types are called "tank crackers" because they not only eat away at the glue bonding but can also etch away at the plastic themselves causing lesks.

Sorry, the iclears are threaded plastic and not glued. But the acidic juices may still crack the iclear's plastic.

Ahhhh I see. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes, I am still here. :blushing:

The other option is to turn up the voltage on the Lavatube. Create a bit more warmer vape. Some fruity flavors can be pretty mild. I picked on up the other day at 11mg and it had no throat hit. Nice flavor though.

I might be able to help you with this, Do you like Clove?

How about Clove with a hit of menthol for a really reckless TH? hmm ewww maybe not.

Hi Rohypnolsicle :harhar: ,glad to see ya post again.

Yep still no life so I'm still here lol

I wasn't sure. I thought it was made of polypropelene and not polycarbonate. Propelene good, carbonate not so much. I've only heard of 1 instance of the iclear30 cracking. But, was just being better safe than sorry. Good to hear the iclear's are safe! Thanks for the heads up Vispera!

How about Clove with a hit of menthol for a really reckless TH? hmm ewww maybe not.

Ewwww that sounds well not so good. lol

When testing my Clove at higher pg levels it had a really strong throat hit with no NIC. No other flavor really hit like the clove without nic.

Ewwww that sounds well not so good. lol

When testing my Clove at higher pg levels it had a really strong throat hit with no NIC. No other flavor really hit like the clove without nic.

I have actually tried this. A suggestion from some random member in video chat a few years back. I had bottles of VT Clove and Mentha. Both flavors were really good, but not an all day vape for me. This was before tanks and direct drip was the go to. A couple drops of Clove with a drop of Mentha. It was pretty good. I was impressed. Nice throat hit without the big burn. The mentha added a bit of sweet flavor while killing the clove from reminding me of Easter Ham. :laughing:

I have actually tried this. A suggestion from some random member in video chat a few years back. I had bottles of VT Clove and Mentha. Both flavors were really good, but not an all day vape for me. This was before tanks and direct drip was the go to. A couple drops of Clove with a drop of Mentha. It was pretty good. I was impressed. Nice throat hit without the big burn. The mentha added a bit of sweet flavor while killing the clove from reminding me of Easter Ham. :laughing:

I like menthol, I don't MIND clove.. not a huge fan... either way, I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Hey Joe! Having a life is overrated. Don't believe the hype.