Does this make sense?

fishguy1123

In my quest to learn about vapeing and visiting a few smoke/vape shops everytime I would be chatting with the employee and a customer would walk in and say my batt "died". I chalked it up to cheap (read expensive) batt's. None of the shops asked about checking the coil for a short.

Do std, ego.. vision... vv or not batts react the same as the mod batt's by not working if the coil shorts out?

Could it have just been that they needed to replace the coil, or if not replaceable the carto etc...?

Ok, from what I've read so far most vv/vw type devices have a no fire protection when a short is detected. And most reputable batt's have over charge/over discharge protection. Hopefully for a "std ego" style it may be just a bad coil not a crap batt.

If its a std ego batt, they could tell if its bad by trying to charge it. If it doesn't charge, then it could be bad. The first thing i'd check on it would be the 510 connection pin. If its fine, then I'd check the atty, if its good, then I'd check to see if the battery would take a charge.

Haha... no prob! I'm starting to think that my local B&M stores are so new to e-cigs that they just sell another (whatever it is) instead of understanding what the issue could be. Or at least trying to check on what it could be. Most of the customers seem to be a just give me another one sort of crowd. One shop has been my go to for smokeing supplies for a long time. Good guys! Thats why I stuck with them. Now that they're getting into e-cigs I want them to be as helpful to vapers as they are with analogs. I'd like to pass on my knowledge as I gain it I guess. Thanks