Dripping attys and menthol?

spydre

I know menthol is a tank cracker, but what about dripping attys? I didn't even think about it when I dripped this menthol sample into one of my dripping Boges, and it may be a write off anyway because I can't get the menthol taste out, but I haven't tried very hard. So what kind of effect do menthol/mint/traditional tank crackers have on dripping attys - not RDAs, but your regular purchased ones?

None, no adverse effects at all other than having difficulties getting the flavor out. That's why many people have different atomizers for different types of flavors. They keep one for the mint/menthol types, one for fruit, one for coffees, etc. You have nothing to worry about. :)

I rather than ditching it, I may keep it around for when I test out mints, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to tell the difference between the menthol that was already there, and the new mint going in. But I guess it's the sitting in the tank, eating at the plastic and glue that makes mints/menthol tank crackers?

You might try washing the atty in warm water. Blow gently from the battery connection end to get the water and residual juice out, it should flow semi-freely. Rinse again, blow again, place into vodka for several hours, rinse, blow, push a small piece of paper towel in and wait a few minutes to let the paper towel time to blot the remaining water out (tissue tends to come apart when wet so you probably don't want to use that). Then, put it on your battery. Dry burn in short two to three second bursts only. If you put too much time into each dry burn you might burn out your coil. You may see some vapor/smoke coming out. When you can see the coils heating up/turn red, stop. Add six drops of juice, let it soak in, take an unpowered draw. If it gurgles just a little you can vape normally. If it doesn't, add another drop or two.

By doing this, you may be able to get the taste out of you atty. It's also possible you may wind up burning the atty out so be careful and be aware that this is a possibility before trying the above. :)