Charging 18350 battery

Drewet88

Hey everyone I searched around the forums and google but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I just recently purchased a 18350 battery (blue with no writing on it) for my Vamo so I could start using it in shorty mode. Out of curiosity before I put it on the charger I used my voltmeter and it read 0.2. I put in in my charger (a generic one without a model on it that came with my lava tube V2) and it instantly turned green. I waited about 5 minutes and decided to take it off the charger because i didn't know why it was turning green instantly. After waiting a few minutes I metered it again and it read 0.5 so it was charging the battery but I didn't want to blow the battery up.

I was wondering if there was a test I could do to see if the battery is bad so I could know if I need to take it back to the store before I bought a newer charger and had the same issue. I read that the smaller battery needs spaces to charge on some chargers but all of the ones I seen online were made for specific chargers and mine has no branding on it.

My current charger only has its ratings on the back it says Input voltage: 4.2V DC 450mA/750mA/900mA. Since it is a generic charger and the batteries that came with it were Dishy brand 18650 I wouldn't mind buying a new charger that can charge more than 1 battery at a time.

The only other suggestion someone gave me was buy another 18350 and stack them in the charger, that didn't seem like a good idea to me but I could be wrong.

Any help is appreciated

~Drew~

Do not stack batteries to charge.i would buy a good charger that has auto shutoff to prevent overcharging. The nitecore i2 or luc charger are good. If you want to spend a little more an xtar or pila are good as well.

Do not stack batteries to charge.i would buy a good charger that has auto shutoff to prevent overcharging. The nitecore i2 or luc charger are good. If you want to spend a little more an xtar or pila are good as well.

Okay I was in the market for a new charger anyway because I got tired of waiting for 1 battery to charge at a time. I'll look at a few of the chargers you suggested and see which one I like and auto shutoff is a must.

Is your battery made of flour? lol

lol I wouldn't be surprised but I was hoping to avoid that by buying from a local Vape shop. Maybe they got hustled as well, (they do have a big box of them). I could always just go there and return the battery (I hope) and if they don't accept the return or exchange then I'd know how they do business.

Where did you get the battery, and what kind of charger is it? I find it odd that there is no branding, or no writing on the battery whatsoever to give you an indication even of it's size.

I got the battery at a local vape shop that just opened a couple of weeks ago. The charger I do not know it was the one that came with my lava tube a few years ago.

Yep I just looked at it again, there is no branding on the battery whatsoever and I'm not going to keep putting it on the charger until I know it won't blow up in my face.

O I just remembered theres another vapor store that I used to frequent before I started ordering my juices online. They have good chargers and batteries so I might just go up there, bite the bullet and buy both today. I'll at least check out prices and see what they have to say about this battery I bought.

If the brands they have are also generic or off brand I'll just skip them and order online.