Changing/cleaning the iClear 30 coil

spydre

Now, to be clear, I'm talking the original iClear 30, not the 30S.

I'm trying to figure out how to get these coils out, and even more, if they can be cleaned with the long a** wicks. Hubby gave me his iClear 30 that's had a coffee flavor in it for at least a month, so if it can be cleaned, it's going to have to be soaked in vodka at the very least. The other one is the one that came with my current MPV, that out of desperation and frustration of dealing with the coils on hand, I filled with my RY4. Got my RY4 tank working again, and wasn't real happy with the iClear's performance, but I'm willing to give it a second chance as I may have been too frustrated to give it a good chance that night.

Granted, I can't do this until this dressing is off my hand, but I'm wondering if with these huge amounts of coils, and long ones, if it's even possible.

Oh, and I'm sorry, huge amounts of wicks.....

Okay, I see how they've done it now. They've made a bit of a mess of it, though. Top fill tank, coil's attached to the bottom ring, long wicks AT THE TOP going every which direction hanging down like a top coil (which, despite CHANGING the coil at the bottom, I'm sure it's a top coil, right?). I don't think they could have made it any messier if they TRIED. Although that little rubber hat over the center tube is a nice touch.