SNOW!

Okay, you Coloradoans make fun all you want. Here in this part of Illinois, we definitely feel the effects of global warming during the winter. Last winter was the exception to the rule, but we got all our snow in January and February (enough of it to pull ourselves out of the drought). We had gone two full years without a snow day (even for low temps/wind - it has to be below 10 with nasty wind chill and nasty wind), and that's saying something, and we hadn't had DECENT snowstorms since I don't know when.....for quite a while, I know. We stopped buying snow boots YEARS ago, because there was no need.

Let's face it. I haven't been able to drive since 2008, so I don't have to worry about that, and I have full faith in my spouse's ability to do that. I have MS, so summers are bad for me. Winters are bad in a different way, but I don't think as bad as summers, unless things don't get shoveled and I slip on ice/snow - but that hasn't happened in quite a while, and I'm smart enough that when things are too slick I ask for assistance (I've fallen too many times on the ice because my balance can be....off, or simply because it's too slick for my feet to gain traction).

My dog LOVES the snow. He's, I guess he's middle aged. Six or seven for a 90 pound dog is definitely middle aged. And the only time he acts like a puppy outside is when it snows. If it snows, or sometimes rains, he comes running inside full tilt, all happy and joyous.

65 and sunny in Denver by Tuesday!

This will be short lived, but so welcomed. Heard on the news that we are going to have freezing weather again by Christmas. I take it you will still be in NOLA? My family is coming from NZ to visit, it is summer there right now, fools I say! lol

There is a bit of confusion when it comes to Colorado winters. We do not live in constant snow! The snow is in the mountains. Us prairie dwellers enjoy very mild winters. We have nice mild temps and sunshine! We do get the occasional snow fall and sub-zero temps. Usually when it snows it melts within a day. The weather has become more mild over the years. We haven't met our yearly snow pack, in the mountains, for a few years. We depend on the snow pack for our water during the summer. The big rains we had in the early fall were not normal.